Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I mounted Nokian Line Suv 235/70 R16 without doing any modification. The most closest part is front fender. İts about 20mm but There is no rubbing even when the steering wheel full turn and is oscillating at the same time. İt Works.
Hi, i have 2004 rav4, i have the same tires size. Would it fit on the Base FWD? Thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bartlomiej - A 30” tire I think is exceeding the useful size for a 4.2. With either a 4-5 speed transmission, no low range, and little chance of regearing, you’d be left with a thirsty, gutless, 4WD with no useful suspension articulation left. That’s not even taking into account what few tire choices you’d have at 235/75-16.
If you follow the off-road specific builds on this forum, which there are many good ones, I think you’ll find springs AND spacers utilized to functionally clear 235/70-16s.
Aside from looks, I don’t believe 235/75-16s would be of much benefit.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Most A/T 225/75/16 and 235/70/16 tires fit without any lift... I did it. The limit is not how much the RAV4.2 is lifted... the limit is the front wheel arch itself. I don't know how to explain it. The clearance is too limited in front and back of the front tires (between the front tires and the bumper, and between the front tires and the rocker panels). Lifted like my RAV4 is right now, I tried 30'' tires half a mile, and they were rubbing badly.... even with minimal steering angle at low speed on a flat surface (no bump!).

I'm sure you can find a way to fit 30'' tires.... but I agree with 05RAV that there is absolutely no benefits to do this. It won't be fully functionnal, and you won't have fun driving it.

If you choose to try it, let us know if we were right or not. ;)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts