Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 RAV4 SE does not have one. Thinking of getting an aftermarket alarm. Will it affect my warranty? Is it even worth it on getting one?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Should there be some related electrical problem, yeah it could. Unless it was installed by dealer prior to purchase.

When's the last time you saw someone react to a car alarm? They've all got an immobilizer standard.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Does the 2015 XLE have the built in alarm, that needs to be activated with techstream?

My 2011 Tundra CM does and was curious about our CPO RAV4

·
Super Moderator
11,100 Posts
My 2017 RAV4 SE does not have one. Thinking of getting an aftermarket alarm. Will it affect my warranty? Is it even worth it on getting one?
It will not affect your warranty. If it is Toyota's alarm installed by the dealer they will repair it under warranty if it goes kaput.

Aftermarket would have to be taken to the original installer (most likely) if a problem came up.

I have an aftermarket Viper alarm for all five doors, the hood, glass breakage, hard bump, etc. Is it worth it? I felt it was when I lived on the border but I'm not so sure where I live now.....much safer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts