Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will rim from 2002 Lexus IS300 fit?

everything looks the same except Hub center Bore, not sure what it is - 60.1 vs 67.1

LEXUS IS 300
Bolt Pattern 5 X 114.3 5 X 4.5
Stud Size 12 X 1.5
Hub Center Bore 60.1

TOYOTA RAV4

Bolt Pattern 5 X 114.3 5 X 4.5
Stud Size 12 X 1.5
Hub Center Bore 67.1

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Rav4 Center Bore is actually 60.1 mm, same as the Lexus.

You also need to know the Offset - Rav4 wheels are +45, anything close should be Ok.

Also, you need to know if the specific wheels curve outward enough to clear the brake calipers. Some wheels (e.g., Camry wheels) do; some wheels (e.g., Highlander wheels) do not. If the wheels hit the brake calipers, you might need to add spacers to push them out so they don't hit. I'm not sure if there is a sure-fire way to know this unless you test-fit a wheel on the Rav4.

BTW, I run Camry wheels on my Rav4 in the winter.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bringing up some old shit - Has anyone put IS wheels on the Rav4 yet? Or at least a wheel with +50?

I have an old set of factory IS wheels collecting dust so I figure it would be easier to make them the Rav winter setup. The Rav wheels are +45, IS wheels are +50. Both with the same bore and obviously bolt pattern.
I'm sure it will be close to the strut (IS wheels) so I'm planning on using 5mm spacers to "gain" the 5mm difference back. Just wondering if anyone has done a similar setup. If not, I might just get one tire mounted to a wheel and do a test fit that way. I'd hate to mount all 4 tires just to have them removed the next day.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Bringing up some old shit - Has anyone put IS wheels on the Rav4 yet? Or at least a wheel with +50?

I have an old set of factory IS wheels collecting dust so I figure it would be easier to make them the Rav winter setup. The Rav wheels are +45, IS wheels are +50. Both with the same bore and obviously bolt pattern.
I'm sure it will be close to the strut (IS wheels) so I'm planning on using 5mm spacers to "gain" the 5mm difference back. Just wondering if anyone has done a similar setup. If not, I might just get one tire mounted to a wheel and do a test fit that way. I'd hate to mount all 4 tires just to have them removed the next day.
It would be out of the wheel spec range so unless you test fit them it would be a gamble.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

doubt 5mm will make a difference. Is the width about the same. Does the wheel have tires on it. Mount it up and check the fitment. I hate spacers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have old tires on the IS wheels, but they are 205/55 rather than the Rav 225/65. I'll try to put one on tonight now that the blizzard is over, but that should only prove wheel clearance over the calipers. Since 225/65s will be potentially going on the IS wheels, the 5mm spacer should theoretically give me the clearance between tire and strut.

I don't like the big hub type spacers that people use, but I've used small spacers (3mm) on my 3rd gen GS350 for years without issues. 3mm allowed for an extra 1.5" wide wheel/tire combo - big difference when cornering :devilish:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Put a front on tonight - seems to have plenty of clearance. Pulled out of the garage, cut the wheel both ways, no rubbing or scraping sounds.
The wheel is pretty close to the caliper but it does clear. 1st gen RX300's had wheels just like the IS, so it doesn't look that bad. Waiting on the other 2 tires then I'll throw all 4 wheels on and be ready for more snow!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts