Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The LP Skid Plate looks good but they only installed on 2019 Adventure. I wonder if the skid Plate fit my 2020 RAV4 TRD Off Road? Anyone installed it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The TRD off-road is no different regarding front subframe design. It should be the same fitment as the 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input AB

I like this one on AliExpress
US $121.36 18% Off | BeingWins Car styling For Toyota RAV4 14-19 plastic steel engine guard 2.0T 2.5T Engine skid plate fender 1pc

Black manganese steel

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Personally I don't like the coverage this skid has without the bumper guard, which makes all of it kinda useless for me. I like the coverage with all the panels, but you have to commit to the bumper guard and losing 1.5" of ground clearance to run the setup. I hope someone else comes up with some better skids soon that don't require the bumper guard.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Personally I don't like the coverage this skid has without the bumper guard, which makes all of it kinda useless for me. I like the coverage with all the panels, but you have to commit to the bumper guard and losing 1.5" of ground clearance to run the setup. I hope someone else comes up with some better skids soon that don't require the bumper guard.
That’s my rub with the LP bumper guard as well. Hoping for some new options soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The LP skid plate is not long enough to cover the original plastic covered area. I cut a piece of the original to fix that (red circle.) I am happy now: oil pan and other important parts are protected.

I DO understand that the front parts and the front bumper (from bumper to the LP plate) need to be protected. That is my next project, either DIY or modify something like bull guard with a small piece of skid plate, or wait for new one to come up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts