Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
The smallest wheel size that fits is 16 inches but 15 inch may rub with the brakes or suspension. You can always mount them yourself to check it is ok.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm a bit late to the party, but in my specific experience, I did find a 15" steel wheel that fit over my brakes on the 2012 2.5 Base (no 3rd row seats). The wheel in question is a 15" steel wheel sold by Costco which is compatible with a 2015 Elantra. I had bought the wheels for snows for the elantra, but then traded it on a Golf, which they don't fit. Was going to sell them, but figured to try on the RAV first. As it happens, I managed to bolt the wheels on to the front, and rotate the wheel, all without clearance problems. YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY, this worked in my very specific case.

I'd be concerned not only with the 15" wheel clearing the brake, but also with the overall height of the tire not clearing the bottom seat for the coil spring (mounted on the strut), as the clearance is very tight and the tire listed is slightly taller than the factory 225 65/17 wheel on my RAV. Definitely a game of millimeters here, so be careful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts