Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It used to be so simple. You went to the junkyard, grab some old rims, threw your snow tires on them and voila ... they worked. Why does everything have to be so complicated today???!!!

I have a line on some brand new, silver steel Toyota OEM rims. They are stamped J16 x 6.5" with a Toyota product # sticker of 42611-48010.

The private seller claims they bought them for their new 2010 RAV4 5 years ago when but discovered their old winter rim/tire set from 2003 RAV fit their new 2010 and they never used these new rims.

When I do a product number search on the 42611-48010 number, these rims show they fit Toyota Highlanders from 2001 - 2007. I discovered on one of the Tacoma sites that Tacoma owners "upsized" to this rim from their original 15" rims to accommodate a bigger tire size and because of the bigger brake caliper clearance (which I understand is what we need with the RAV V6's).

Question - so does anyone know if theses rims will also fit my 2011 RAV V6 Limited?

Reactions: mlrav

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's an informational update. When I had my RAV in for servicing this morning, since they were pulling off the tries to inspect the brakes, I asked to have the tech mount one empty spare rim on the front and the back to determine whether or not the extra rims I bought for snows would work.

I got a definite "maybe". The Service Writer said ... "they work now with the brake pads measuring 5 & 6 mm front/back respectively. They said they couldn't say for sure if the pads were replaced and measured the new pad thickness of 10 mm."

Scheesch! You'd think they of all people would know.

·
Registered
2007 RAV4 Limited 2.4L 4WD
239 Posts
I don't know if 42611-48010 will fit, but I do know that 42611-42160 (5-spoke styled steel, silver painted) fit perfectly even on a V6. I've had a set on my 2-row 4-cylinder every winter since it was new, and forum member Baconpatroller had a set on his V6.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if 42611-48010 will fit, but I do know that 42611-42160 (5-spoke styled steel, silver painted) fit perfectly even on a V6. I've had a set on my 2-row 4-cylinder every winter since it was new, and forum member Baconpatroller had a set on his V6.
OK thanks. These are 5 spoke silver too and even though I can not finds a fitment list for them other than the 2001-2007 Highlander models, I'm hoping they'll work.

I think they will fit.
I hope so.

Question for y'all: Do I need to buy different lugs to mount these? I had 16" Solara alloy rims on my Camry and they took a different lug than the 14" steel rims I used for snows on that same Camry.

·
Registered
2007 RAV4 Limited 2.4L 4WD
239 Posts
Question for y'all: Do I need to buy different lugs to mount these? I had 16" Solara alloy rims on my Camry and they took a different lug than the 14" steel rims I used for snows on that same Camry.
The lug nuts for the aluminum wheels on a 2007 Limited will also fit the steel rims. Maybe your 2011 is the same.

This works because my OE lug nuts have a conical seat for steel rims as well as the shoulder washer for the aluminum ones. Although it works, it's really stupid looking when used with the steel rims because they stick out a long way and the washers just hang there being useless. Also the washers jingle.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The lug nuts for the aluminum wheels on a 2007 Limited will also fit the steel rims. Maybe your 2011 is the same.

This works because my OE lug nuts have a conical seat for steel rims as well as the shoulder washer for the aluminum ones. Although it works, it's really stupid looking when used with the steel rims because they stick out a long way and the washers just hang there being useless. Also the washers jingle.
Thanks fips. I understand what you're saying. Mehtinks I'll invest in a separate set of lugs nuts ... I've alsways done this with previous sets of tires. ~ BugJr ~

·
Registered
164 Posts
Help!
I am about to buy a set of 17" 5 spoke silver steelies that came off a 2010-2 wheel drive Rav. Do you think they will work on a 2012 4cyl, 4wd model?? Any thing I can check to be sure. THANKS!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I wanted to know if those rims you mentioned for the 2001-2007 highlander ever fit your RAV4? Were their any issues or stuff you had to get to make it work? I'm in the exact same position and the bolt pattern and centre mm specs say they should fit but if anyone could let me know that would be great

My option is silver aluminum Toyota OEM rims. They are stamped J16 x 6.5" with a Toyota product # sticker of 42611-48010 and I want to put them on a 2011 RAV4 for my 16" winter rims.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Hi I wanted to know if those rims you mentioned for the 2001-2007 highlander ever fit your RAV4? We're their any issues or stuff you had to get to make it work? I'm in the exact same position and the bolt pattern and centre mm specs say they should fit but if anyone could let me know that would be great

My option is silver aluminum Toyota OEM rims. They are stamped J16 x 6.5" with a Toyota product # sticker of 42611-48010 and I want to put them on a 2011 RAV4 for my 16" winter rims.
I would bet the reason they don't list this wheel fitting the RAV4 is because of the offset. It would be safer to avoid using this wheel as it may cause problems interfering with the brakes or suspension. Installing a wheel not made for a vehicle can void any insurance claim that causes an accident.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts