Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone with a sunroof notoced the severe wind buffeting at that speed when its open?? wow its bad. I thought it may be the front roof rack cross piece and moved it back but it was still there.

Does anyone know if the cross bars come off easy? I would like ot remove them if they are easy to get off..

Frank

H

·
0 Posts
Mine's got a sunroof, but I'm not picking it up from the dealer till Monday. Is the buffeting only at that speed? Did you try
to crack open the two rear windows just a bit? It might alleviate it
somewhat. I'll take a look at the cross bars next week to see how
they might come off.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup ONLY at that speed .. By 30 mph its almost gone.. It goes away almost instantly after 30 mph. No I did not crack the rear windows tho I know that would have helped. It is so bad even the radio sounds buffeded at that speed.

H

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. I've experienced that with other vehicles in the past.
Even some without sunroofs. If a rear window was open a certain amount, that buffeting would start in until I opened another window somewhere. So, why would you think the roof rack cross bars might affect it?

·
Registered
986 Posts
If the cross pieces are anything like the ones on my '01, then all you have to do is remove the front or rear end caps from the rails and slide the bars off the track.

·
Registered
654 Posts
My front cross bars a bit further back and I didn't notice buffeting ar the speeds you mentioned. Maybe that did the trick for you.\

Updated: I had the moonroof open on the interstate and about 55 mph, I got some buffeting. I usually don't have it open all the way at high speeds usually but I decided to try it.

K

·
0 Posts
Being it was a nice sunny day today I was driving around with my sunroof open. But I didn't notice any noise. Then again, it's the first time I've had the sunroof open on the Rav so not sure what noise level is expected. And I wasn't paying attention to how it was at different speeds. I'll look for it next time I have the sunroof open. I do know it was MUCH quieter than my 2000 Neon with the sunroof open.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a 1985 Camry which had sunroof. My wife always doing dusting while the sunroof opened. Especially driving on highway, the sunroof really suck. :wink:

I found rav4 wind buffeting is not bad at all comparing with my old camry. Well, if strong wind blow from side, the buffeting would be quite loud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts