Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my brand new 2020 RAV4. Had to drive home 1 hour on the highway. I wanted to cry! I couldn't believe how loud the wind noise was on the highway. It sounds like my driver's side window is slightly open. I tried opening and closing the window. Opened and closed the door thinking it was slightly ajar. No luck!
I just spent a lot of money on this vehicle and the noise is so loud, it's a definite deal breaker. This is my 3rd RAV4. My 2007 had some wind noise that came from the outside mirrors. Toyota replaces them with a newer version. Has anyone had a similar problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes. I feel the exact thing on the drive side. Took to dealer, they said normal. Bummer. I haven't had time to investigate further since I'm barely driving due to covid-19

·
Registered
115 Posts
When I test drove the 2019 I test drove 3 different cars and the noise was different on all three. I found one that was the least amount of noise and purchased it. I drove all three on the highway so I was able to gauge the noise at highway speed. The one I purchased has most of the wind noise concentrated towards the middle of the front windshield and is not too bad. The salesman acknowledged the noise issue and told me to test drive all three.

·
Registered
104 Posts
When I test drove the 2019 I test drove 3 different cars and the noise was different on all three. I found one that was the least amount of noise and purchased it. I drove all three on the highway so I was able to gauge the noise at highway speed. The one I purchased has most of the wind noise concentrated towards the middle of the front windshield and is not too bad. The salesman acknowledged the noise issue and told me to test drive all three.
Were all three cars the same model?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 2020 XLE Premium and have the same wind noise. It sounds like it's coming from the rear top corner of the driver side window. The noise is evident at 40-50MPH and VERY evident at highway speeds. I spoke to my salesman about it and he thinks that service will be able to assist. If service cannot assist or find a remedy to the issue, I will try some things on my own. This video seems promising, although it's for a Tacoma...

And this is the product he used in the video...

·
Registered
2020 XSE Silver/Black Hybrid
171 Posts
this one should work too i think

·
Registered
6 Posts
this one should work too i think

I was just using the part number he wrote in his video description, but I'm sure your right. I'm hoping this provides us a fix!

·
Registered
171 Posts
ohhh i didnt see the part number, just clicked the link......i have a boat buddy seeing how much he can get it for using his discount and all. will report back.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought a roll of white vinyl tape that I've been meaning to seal the front doors with to test this out. I guess I could tape them off and climb in through the hatch. If it stops the noise, then I'll take off piece by piece to determine which part of the door is the problem. I just haven't gotten around to this yet. :-\

Anyone have any luck with the weather seals?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Your solution is hard core! Im still trying to get these cheaper than $15 a pop

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just picked up my brand new 2020 RAV4. Had to drive home 1 hour on the highway. I wanted to cry! I couldn't believe how loud the wind noise was on the highway. It sounds like my driver's side window is slightly open. I tried opening and closing the window. Opened and closed the door thinking it was slightly ajar. No luck!
I just spent a lot of money on this vehicle and the noise is so loud, it's a definite deal breaker. This is my 3rd RAV4. My 2007 had some wind noise that came from the outside mirrors. Toyota replaces them with a newer version. Has anyone had a similar problem?
It's not a lexus, if you want it real quiet you should have bought a lexus.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same problem its the door seal in the corner next to your left ear. Have dealer adjust in door lock catch. This will lesson noise but it will not completely go away. I had it done at 5k miles. I'm about to bring it in for 10k service and see if they will replace seal or adjust door again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have a 2020 Limited and it is very quite. I ordered it special without the roof racks as it seemed all the dealer lot cars had them. Maybe that might add to your noise.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts