Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So recently I've noticed a wind squealing noise whenever i "tilt up" my sunroof open. The noise is present when i go around 40 MPH or higher. The noise is quite loud and very bothersome. However if i slide the sunroof or keep it closed there is no noise. Does anyone have this problem and have a solution for this? Or should i just bring it back to the dealership?

Thank you for info in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Hey guys,

So recently I've noticed a wind squealing noise whenever i "tilt up" my sunroof open. The noise is present when i go around 40 MPH or higher. The noise is quite loud and very bothersome. However if i slide the sunroof or keep it closed there is no noise. Does anyone have this problem and have a solution for this? Or should i just bring it back to the dealership?

Thank you for info in advance!
Check the front rail on the luggage carrier. It should be placed in a location indicated on the side rails.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front rail is placed correctly. The noise i believe is coming from the sunroof itself

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
The front rail is placed correctly. The noise i believe is coming from the sunroof itself
Do you have a bug shield? If you do then try removing it. Toyota is fanatic about streamlining and wind noise. If they thought a bug shield was important they would have incorporated one.

Just a thought.

Best of luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Might be a little piece of loose rubber that's cutting a line and the wind and making noise?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bug shield has been on for over a year now, but ill probably take it off before if I go to the dealership to get it checked out. It might just be a piece of rubber. Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
62 Posts
Open the sunroof and look inside the roof above the glass.
There are small black hole covers that make noise if they aren't fully stuck down.
Little black round disc stickers about 1 inch in diameter . If you see one hanging down that might just be your noise ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts