Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.
I have a question to those guys/gals who installed wind visors with 3M tape-on attachment on their 4.4 RAVs. Could you tell me please what brand of visors to fit perfectly would you advise?
I'm considering to install the visors with a 3M tape-on attachment and not with in-channel one. The thing is that the surface of the pillar posts is not even with the surface of the window frame and rather stick out a little. Is it an issue while installing the visors and how did you fellows deal with it? Is there a brand which really did consider this inequality when they designed the visors?
Than you for your help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yup, just went with the eBay ones... only thing that i will complaint about is that the 3M tape isn't holding up and there are times where I still find the edges popping up slightly. Maybe will take them all off and use fresh 3M tape in summer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are there any other makers for 2015 2016 Rav's, I also don't like the in channel visors. The ebay link had some bad reviews such as used product, scratched, not real 3M tape ect ect. Does anyone have stick on wind visors that fit correctly and are a quality product ? Do you have a link ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was thinking of adding those but I wonder do they really work. The other thing I worry about is will they stick in hot weather. I was in Florida this past winter and had a terrible experience with Door Edge Guards. The adhesive that was used keeping loosening up and the guards were flapping on the highways. Plus the gooey mess it left on the doors. What a joy that was when I got back to WI taking those off and cleaning up the adhesive residue. Just Asking

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was thinking of adding those but I wonder do they really work. The other thing I worry about is will they stick in hot weather. I was in Florida this past winter and had a terrible experience with Door Edge Guards. The adhesive that was used keeping loosening up and the guards were flapping on the highways. Plus the gooey mess it left on the doors. What a joy that was when I got back to WI taking those off and cleaning up the adhesive residue. Just Asking
To me they work. I notice that the wind doesnt hit my face as much. As for stickiness, I am not sure yet, but its stuck on there and they are also held on by clips.

It hasn't been very hot in So Cal, but Ive had visors before and they never loosen up at all. A matter of fact I had one on my previous car for almost 10 years and nothing ever happened to it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Lund International has recently started selling the type that apply with 3m tape and lund has always had a very good quality product. I have had them on a truck for over 10 years in the Texas heat near 100 degrees and they have never loosened up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my opinion I would never by the 3m tape kind again. I used to have them on another vehicle and the adhesion didn't last very long. I went back to the Weathertech in channel kind. The WT's are very durable and will hold up for many years, probably longer than you will own the vehicle!! They are worth the extra $$ and look great. I am now contemplating on purchasing their bug deflector but have heard conflicting stories on the screws that are provided with them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i had this dilemma 2 yrs ago. but then i though there might be more job if i buy a stick on wind visor than channel installed wind visor. i ended up with weathertech and so far its been really good.. its attached on the glass window wells and get extra hold form double sided tape. never came off ever since. once you install this though you should never think of taking it off again coz when do this is when your horrible experience will begin. it was a lesson learned with my dad's crv. installed it good. but 2 days after widow tint was installed too and needed for the visor to come off. ever since its been ugly as it never hold on to the wells no matter what brand of double sided tape i use.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
i had this dilemma 2 yrs ago. but then i though there might be more job if i buy a stick on wind visor than channel installed wind visor. i ended up with weathertech and so far its been really good.. its attached on the glass window wells and get extra hold form double sided tape. never came off ever since. once you install this though you should never think of taking it off again coz when do this is when your horrible experience will begin. it was a lesson learned with my dad's crv. installed it good. but 2 days after widow tint was installed too and needed for the visor to come off. ever since its been ugly as it never hold on to the wells no matter what brand of double sided tape i use.
You should order a set of clips from Weathertech like they include with the Prius deflectors. Way better than tape:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/97-4-3-exterior/92517-weathertech-droopy-window-visor-fix.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
How?

Junebug, How do I go about getting those clips for my rear visors for my Rav? Once the window goes below the bottom edge of the visor, the start to droop. I had this same problem on a 2014 CR-V that I had as well, but only with the rear visors of course. But I ended up trading that vehicle in for a Venza for my wife.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Oops posted in wrong thread: http://www.rav4world.com/forums/97-4-3-exterior/92517-weathertech-droopy-window-visor-fix.html
anyways...

I got these ones by AVS:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're just OK not the best, there's a tiny 1-2mm gap on the outer side between the door frame and the bulge of the vent visor where they stick out.
Tiny dust particles collect in there.
They are the inline so they look more streamline, there have been a couple times where the window stops closing where the inside part of the vent visor
jams the window... GRRRR.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts