Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2005 RAV and I noticed when it's windy and I'm on the highway (going about 60-70mph) my car shakes a lot. It's kind of scary. And I hear a lot of wind. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Welcome to the world of driving a Rav4....it's pretty normal to get blown around a bit on the highway, you get used to it after a while. If you keep your hands on the wheel it's just more unnerving than actually dangerous. I've driven through just about every type of bad weather you can think of, and never had a problem with my Rav4, other than the nervous feeling you get. Even when I'm driving a 6000 lb GMC Yukon I still get blown around a bit on the highway, so I don't worry too much about it. My parents used to have a 1986 Isuzu Trooper many years ago, and let me tell you, that was an experience. As for the wind noise, every car and truck I have ever driven has done that to some degree; although it happens more with larger (taller) vehicles because they catch the crosswinds more than cars.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty normal in any small SUV, truck, car. Strong cross winds will shake them all. I'd feel it in my old Mazda MX6 too.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I feel a lot better knowing that it's normal. My brother said I was just a bad driver :roll: That might be true but at least I know that it's just part of driving a small SUV. I swear sometimes I think I'm going to fly off the interstate :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts