Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid Limited
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello lovely people of rav4world.

Recently, I made the dumb mistake of using the wrong nozzle while washing my rav4. Posting here because the part I will be using is listed under interior as opposed to exterior, despite the part being on the exterior. Long story short, I damaged the seal on the bottom of the rear passenger left-hand window outside (not to be confused with the window runner/seal that goes around the frame of the window). I am referring to the rubber fold that touches the window directly. The diagram on the parts page portrays it better than my words will.

I have located the part (68174A) at REAR DOOR PANEL & GLASS. 2019 Toyota RAV4 | Toyota

I will be removing the door panel and replacing this part, but I wondered if anyone else had any experience with a similar repair. I know how to remove the door panel, but I am not 100% sure how the part stays in place once I replace it. What keeps this seal in place? Do I need to even open up the panel at all or can I replace this from the outside?

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,303 Posts
68174A is not the full part number. That is a reference number for the type of part.

Sorry I can't help with how to change it out.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid Limited
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
68174A is not the full part number. That is a reference number for the type of part.

Sorry I can't help with how to change it out.
No worries! I actually had the wrong part in mind. I have ordered the correct one. Won't require door panel removal :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts