Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting the window air deflectors for my 05 RAV4.
I notice at speeds above 65 if the windows are cracked open you get a squling noise.
You have to open the windows about 2" to quiet them down.
Will it be better or worse with the deflectors ?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wind defector (side) will make the noise louder even when window is closed... althought it looks cool i took it off.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure haven't had that experience. I love mine, they have dramatically reduced the wind noise when travelling with the windows open just a bit. I like to have the windows open a crack all the time when driving but couldn't stand the air noise. But the noise was cured by having the side window visors installed. I didn't notice any increase in noise without the windows open either after they were installed. I wonder if there are types that fit better than others or that are shaped differently that would cause different results..? Maybe it's a factor of the exact way or position in which they are installed..?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe it was different type? mine is in-channel type? other ones are taped onto the door... i have ones that goes into the window channel

·
Registered
875 Posts
I haven't really noticed...

..and i'm sorry for posting a reply before driving tomorrow to take a look at the noise level. I haven't noticed a louder noise at all. I open the windows every day to let in some air and get the breeze going and it hasn't been a problem. The new in-channel are definitely great!....it has a cleaner look, a little more durable considering how it attaches and give you some ventilation while parked in sunny spaces. Pretty cheap if you buy 'em from ebay sellers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi im kinda new here. just want to know if anyone had the same problem. just bought and installed wade in channel visors. when i closed the window after the install it kept hitting the visor can anyone help me or post pics or a video thank you.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the window air deflectors for my 05 RAV4.
I notice at speeds above 65 if the windows are cracked open you get a squling noise.
You have to open the windows about 2" to quiet them down.
Will it be better or worse with the deflectors ?

I have the EGR In Channel Vent Visor which are the kind that fits under the window (not the ones that use tape on top of the window edge).
They are quieter with the window down but don't expect the noise to
be silent. There is some noise when you have the window down but compared without it helps reducing noise but not elimating it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts