Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK

So Both front window regulators on my 98 4dr. are slow to go up and slow to go down. Even worse when key is in just ON position without engine running.

Anyway, looking to replace both motor and regulator since i'm already in there with the door cards off.

Research shows others with issues with 2 pin and 5 pin variants, but no specific part numbers. Consensus looks that a 96-97 used a 2 pin while the 98-00 used a 5 pin. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Amazon has them, but the reviews stated the parts only fit 2 pin models, but Amazon doesn't show specific 2/5 pin models.

Rockauto doesn't specify either. Does anyone have the specific part numbers for a front driver/passenger side 4 door 98 version?

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
These are the part numbers for the regulators WITH the motors:
REGULATOR ASSY, FRONT DOOR WINDOW, LH : 69820-42100 W(POWER WINDOW) (09/1997 - )
REGULATOR ASSY, FRONT DOOR WINDOW, RH : 69810-42041 W(POWER WINDOW)

If you need just the regulators:
REGULATOR SUB-ASSY, FRONT DOOR WINDOW, LH 69802-42021
REGULATOR SUB-ASSY, FRONT DOOR WINDOW, RH 69801-42021

You wouldn't like to discover the prices of these OEM parts though...

Research shows others with issues with 2 pin and 5 pin variants, but no specific part numbers. Consensus looks that a 96-97 used a 2 pin while the 98-00 used a 5 pin. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
I definitely do not know about the different pin issue, but couldn't it account for the difference between the driver's and the passenger's side control switch panels?

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you need a new motor, I'd first try salvage. The local pick-and-pull wants $53.99 for the entire door, $12.99 for the motor, and $23.99 for the regulator with motor. And if you get the door, you get the glass, mirror, handles, lock actuators, etc.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i replaced the passenger side on my 98, now the driver side it started to be extremely loud and slow, and im assuming than when winter comes the motor and regulator will give up, i got the replacement for the passenger side from amazon,it fitted perfectly but amazon sells the drivers side as well without the cable for the auto roll up down window, the oem regulator and motor cost around 400 us dollars while the aftermaket you pay 40 bucks without the auto option,

Good luck

·
Registered
175 Posts
ordered the regulator for my 98 4d on amazon 45 dollars. the motor is good but the regulator is rusted out and very hard for the motor to move the wires, i would try that rather than losing the feature of the auto.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I see they have an option for just the regulator. Does OEM motor fit this regulator?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts