Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my front driver side window regulator and motor, but am having a hard time finding the right one. I'm learning quite a bit by trying to replace this. My 2012 RAV is Canada built - as far as parts, do I need USA built parts, or Japan built parts? I've been told it makes a difference as to which one I get. I have found several Japan built, but don't want to buy it without knowing if it will work. Sure, I could return it if it doesn't work. But, history has proven that it would actually sit in my garage and never get returned. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I would make sure that it is the regulator motor. Tear it down to the point where you get to the plug that goes to the motor. Prob with volt meter and hit the switch. if you get 12v then it is a bad regulator. If no 12 volts then you have a bad switch or fuse. Should check fuse before anything else. Then you can also direct power the window motor with 12v DC to see if that run the motor. Would hate to see you replace the motor and have it not be it.

As far as country of origin, I wouldn't think that it would matter. Get the part number and go from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts