Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a site where the original window sticker can be downloaded or reprinted by providing the VIN?

·
Registered
81 Posts
You mean the price label at the dealership?

If so...No - you won't won't find it anywhere else but at your dealership since it's proprietary info and not likely any 3rd party will stick their neck out to build something that complex.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone found a site where the original window sticker can be downloaded or reprinted by providing the VIN?
The "Monroney" sticker is required for new vehicle sales under U.S. regs.
Not sure what the laws are for Canada.
You could always ask at the selling Toyota dealer or call Toyota Customer service.

The question has been asked before on the forum, but the OP never responded if he was successful.
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/96-4-3-general/78873-can-copy-original-window-sticker-obtained.html#post813624

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If no 3rd party can provide the window stickr is it available thru Toyota?

·
Registered
248 Posts
My experience with Toyota dealers is that they can run a document for any VIN number that will list all options and manufacturing info but it is not a full Monroney sticker. Its more akin to a build sheet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Old thread, but I'm new to Toyota.
Just called my local dealer, Heartland Toyota in Williams Lake, BC about a 2001 RAV4 Ltd and they said the VIN kept on coming back as invalid. The reason they think this is happening is that the car's too old for their database. The car has been registered here in BC its all life.

Tihol

P.S.: Was trying to find, if it has a Ltd slip rear diff. Looking with a mirror on the top driver's side I found a 5 cast, instead of the 1 or 2 as seen in a video I found through these forums.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Old thread, but I'm new to Toyota.
Just called my local dealer, Heartland Toyota in Williams Lake, BC about a 2001 RAV4 Ltd and they said the VIN kept on coming back as invalid. The reason they think this is happening is that the car's too old for their database. The car has been registered here in BC its all life.
Even though the RAV was registered in BC, it might have been US-spec and brought into Canadia by a previous owner. Try registering it on toyota.com/owners and see if it's valid there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the tip
Registered, lessee, though I have Canadian name and address of the what seems to be the first lessee.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ooops!
Found my error in the VIN - a 0 looked like a C from using a typewriter back in the old days.
Thanks for all the help, gents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts