Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,447 Posts
Where do you see the labor time, is there a code for that?
In the description he listed:

MASTER WINDOW SWITCH ~|~PERFORM SPECIAL SERVICE CAMPAIGN C0M INSPECT POWER WINDOW MOTOR SWITCH AND APPLY SPECIALIZED GREASE. OPCODE 2611HA .8 OPCODE 2611HB .7 INSPECT POWER WINDOW MOTOR MASTER SWITCH AND REPLACE INTERNAL ELECTRONIC CIRCUIT BOARD. OPCODE 2611HC .6 OPCODE 2611HD . ~|~

It's listed in tenths of an hour, so .8 + .7 + .6 = .21 hours, about 13 minutes.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Aha, thanks for cracking the code, I'll have fun looking at past labor hours the dealer charged for maintenance now. Tenths of hours are often used in aircraft ops. Each tenth=6 minutes. 8 tenths would be 48 minutes, etc. So I think you dropped a decimal place. Should be 2.1 hours total, or 2 hours+6 min...

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,447 Posts
Yeah, you're right about the decimal place. Maybe the reason I didn't get a letter is because back in February of 2013 they inspected and lubed my window switch according to the records:

2/9/13
POWER WINDOW MASTER

CHECK AND VERIFY OPEN CAMPAIGN C0O FOR POWER WINDOW MASTER SWITCH ON CERTAIN 07-09 MODEL ~|~ CHECK THE TIS VEHICLE INQUIRY STSTEM AND VEHICLE VIN RANGE FOR OPEN SSC-COM- FOR POWER WINDOW MASTER SWITCH ~|~ INSPECT POWER WINDOW MASTER SWITCH AND APPLY SPECIALIZED GREASE - OP. CODE 2611HB FRH 0.70 - COMPLETE

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Had my power window switch recall check done today. It took just little over an hour. The dealer service guy said they've done 'about a thousand' and have found only 2 or 3 needing replacement, so it is just check and apply grease. They do about 10 per day--and you DONT NEED TO WAIT FOR THE SECOND LETTER to get it done.

2/9/13
POWER WINDOW MASTER

~ INSPECT POWER WINDOW MASTER SWITCH AND APPLY SPECIALIZED GREASE - OP. CODE 2611HB FRH 0.70 - COMPLETE
That is the same code as on my service statement as yours. Interesting they got to yours almost 3 years ago! And, yeah, .70 hours for labor with $0.00 charge.

P.S. Took a test drive in a '16 XLE RAV hybrid while I waited. Tempting!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts