Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to buying my RAV4, and sorting out the options...

I know the dealer offers tinting as an option. I believe this is a film they apply (at the dealer) rather than different glass (from the factory) - since my wife recently bought a Prius and they offered to tint the windows on the car she just bought.

I've never had tinted windows before, although my last Honda CRV did come with "privacy glass" (a very slight tint on side and back windows). Would welcome input on my options.

I know what I don't wan't: i regularly see old cars with really cheesy looking window tint that's obviously an applied film - bubbles all over the place, it's turned a slightly-relective and unattractive gray, it's peeling, looks like cheap crap.

Now, I live in the Pacific Northwest. We get our share of rain and overcast here. It actually does get pretty hot for a while in the summer (relatively speaking) but nothing like you guys in the south/sunbelt. So I don't need the blackout treatment, but would just like to darken things a bit for privacy and a little heat reduction (I would be inclined to not tint the front, just sides and rear).

Is the OEM/dealer tint any good? Is either theirs - or an aftermarket tint job - any more or less prone to bubbling and that awful ghetto look?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I had the windows tinted on my wife's 2010 RAV4 by Ziebart. They have a lifetime warranty, and they have been around for a long time if there was ever a warranty issue.

The tint has been on for a few years, and other than a scrape from a misplaced 2x4, the tint is holding up great.

I paid around $350 and they tinted everything except the windshield.

Reactions: propjock
1 - 2 of 2 Posts