Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i'm new in this forum, my family just purchased a new Rav4 SE 2017. i was wondering if anyone here using window vent visor? do you have any recommendation base from your experienced? I tried to check ebay, though i'm not sure to buy generic or known brand like Weathertech or AVS.

i'm in canada by the way, if you could recommend shipping from canada is much better.

Thank you

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
I highly recommend Weathertech visors. Click the link in my signature:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi, most of the post and recommendation are for rav4 2016 model, do they also fit to rav4 2017? thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi, most of the post and recommendation are for rav4 2016 model, do they also fit to rav4 2017? thanks
may i ask what did you end up buying for your 2017 Rav4?
I am in the same situation and would like to buy something with good quality

·
Registered
93 Posts
Weathertech. I just got them put on my 2017 XLE. I've had them on 3 previous vehicles. They are top quality and work well. I like that I can leave the windows open an inch or so 24/7. It makes it much less stifling when returning to the car in the middle of a Texas August afternoon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Weathertech. I just got them put on my 2017 XLE. I've had them on 3 previous vehicles. They are top quality and work well. I like that I can leave the windows open an inch or so 24/7. It makes it much less stifling when returning to the car in the middle of a Texas August afternoon.

Just bought them on Amazon for $80 for the full set, they just came in today.
no time to put them on till the weekend though

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Weathertech for sure, been using them since the 80s, have never been disappointed. :wink

·
Registered
12 Posts
Weathertech for sure, been using them since the 80s, have never been disappointed. :wink
i don't like the idea of in-line installation. I would rather use ones that can be attached from outside.
Been using these on three of my previous cars and loved the type.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Can't stand the cheap looking stick on crap, in-channel look factory.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
i don't like the idea of in-line installation. I would rather use ones that can be attached from outside.
Been using these on three of my previous cars and loved the type.
I've seen too many of those crack and/or fall off. Plus they stick out too far. The Weathertech type that install in the window channel are almost flush and look factory to me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I personally like the wellvisors visors. It doesnt stick out that far and looks flat. The clips that comes with it doesnt scratch the metal.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I personally like the wellvisors visors. It doesnt stick out that far and looks flat. The clips that comes with it doesnt scratch the metal.
I had a similar design of this in my past car. I find I cannot open driver's side window an inch or so in the rain without rain coming in. So I chose weathertech instead. It covers way down to window sill at A pillar.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
I had a similar design of this in my past car. I find I cannot open driver's side window an inch or so in the rain without rain coming in. So I chose weathertech instead. It covers way down to window sill at A pillar.
I agree, my Weathertech visors extend all the way down to behind the side mirrors. This time of year when I park in the sun I like to leave the windows down for ventilation without worrying about a sudden shower popping up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AVS from Amazon (free shipping) on my 2017 RAV4 LE. Custom shops recommend against the in-channel type, so mine are stick-on. They're easy to remove but they don't fall out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
AVS from Amazon (free shipping) on my 2017 RAV4 LE. Custom shops recommend against the in-channel type, so mine are stick-on. They're easy to remove but they don't fall out.
thanks.
I decided to go with WellVisors, the stick-on type.
Had similar ones on few of my cars, never failed me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts