Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Does anyone use window visors/wind deflectors on their Rav? Do they help with the cabin noise? I'm interested in possibly getting some but is there a difference between the $30 or so ones you can find on eBay from China or Korea and the ones that cost twice as much, such as WellVisor? If anyone has them on their vehicle, please tell me their advantages and any disadvantages. I know most are attached using 3M tape. Can they be safely removed if for some reason you decide to take them off?

TIA.

·
Premium Member
8,119 Posts
I went with the expensive OEM Euro visors myself since Weathertect hasn't made theirs yet. Use the advanced search in the 3 dot menu top right to find the many previous discussions on side window visors.

Reactions: 443573

·
Registered
2019 XSE Hybrid
105 Posts
I just went with a cheap 6 piece version from eBay shipping from South Korea. When I get it in late May and install I'll post hear. I wanted it to cover the chrome at top of door and be able to crack the window while it rains and hopefully a little less wind noise.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just went with a cheap 6 piece version from eBay shipping from South Korea. When I get it in late May and install I'll post hear. I wanted it to cover the chrome at top of door and be able to crack the window while it rains and hopefully a little less wind noise.
Wonder if you bought the one I've got my eye on. Was it this one?

·
Registered
'19 Rav4 XLE Hybrid--Magnetic Gray Metallic
193 Posts
I look forward to seeing them installed, I'm also interested in this, and may buy them after hearing how your experience is with them.

·
Registered
2019 XSE Hybrid
105 Posts
So, today I received the Window Visor/ Wind deflector to my amazement within 2 weeks all the way from South Korea! I thought it wouldn't be here till mid May at least! My early verdict is way better than expected and for the $40 USD link right here.

It was very easy to put on less than 27 minutes. Wipe with alcohol wipe and dry down and match up the visor with the chrome and taadaa! I really like the 6piece over the four as that extra touch at the end looks so finished. I also like the front that it extends over the side view mirrors. I think not having the chrome on my white and the black on the XSE allows it to pop more. I have not driven it to see if there is anything different with air flow or noise. Id installing be sure to mach up first before sticking as the back tape is very sticky once on. I had a minor fix because I place it initially too high up on the chrome part and didn't match with the other piece at the seam and I just decided to leave it as I only think I would notice. Anyhow I posted the before and after pics below!

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, today I received the Window Visor/ Wind deflector to my amazement within 2 weeks all the way from South Korea! I thought it wouldn't be here till mid May at least! My early verdict is way better than expected and for the $40 USD link right here.
Wow, thanks for getting back to me on this! They look great. Please do let me know your thoughts after you've taken the car out for a drive! I'm mainly wanting to reduce cabin noise as it can be a little bit noisy when you're driving at highway speeds, and I hope that it'll provide some shade too since I'm short and sometimes the sun is right at the angle where it'll hit me on the side of my face.

So the alignment during installation was pretty easy? I'm happy to hear that the shipping was quite speedy all things considered.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just ordered mine. I have the 4 piece set with chrome trim, but like how these a bit more low profile and cover the full chrome trim. A far better alternative than dipping/wrapping your chrome window trim if you're already planning to have visors!

·
Registered
2019 XSE Hybrid
105 Posts
Just ordered mine. I have the 4 piece set with chrome trim, but like how these a bit more low profile and cover the full chrome trim. A far better alternative than dipping/wrapping your chrome window trim if you're already planning to have visors!
Yaa, these visors are low profile for sure. You right no need to dip/wrap now that chrome part but maybe the emblems? I just took a test drive and I can't say it makes it any better for noise dampening but it does not make any worse. The smokey grey is translucent that you only notice from inside the car pretty much and it looks fine from inside the vehicle with no distractions. If you look closely to the bottom pic by the side view mirror you could see a tiny bit of chrome roughly half a centimetre. I think that's the only issue as to perfection. If I did place it slightly lower to cover then it would have not been flush with the door seam.

·
Registered
190 Posts
There are several different posts on the side window visors discussing the pro and cons of each. The OEM Toyota window visors have a nice look, but they are expensive and have a chrome trim at the top of them that matches the existing trim. The traditional Weather Tech type or in the window channel brands stick out too far and took like the add on that they are. I decided on the 6 piece window visors that others in this post selected because they cover the chrome trim, they have a very nice low profile look and you can't beat the cost.

I ordered mine on Amazon and they arrived in less than a week in perfect shape.
Amazon.com: AUTOCLOVER Dark Smoked Side Window Vent Visor 6 Piece Set for Toyota RAV4 2020 / Safe RAIN Out-Channel Guard Deflector: Automotive

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

Before Installation

Automotive design Automotive exterior Car Glass Automotive mirror

Drivers window vent installed

Tire Wheel Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

Installation completed. They blend right in and cover all the chrome.

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
There are several different posts on the side window visors discussing the pro and cons of each. The OEM Toyota window visors have a nice look, but they are expensive and have a chrome trim at the top of them that matches the existing trim. The traditional Weather Tech type or in the window channel brands stick out too far and took like the add on that they are. I decided on the 6 piece window visors that others in this post selected because they cover the chrome trim, they have a very nice low profile look and you can't beat the cost.

I ordered mine on Amazon and they arrived in less than a week in perfect shape.
Amazon.com: AUTOCLOVER Dark Smoked Side Window Vent Visor 6 Piece Set for Toyota RAV4 2020 / Safe RAIN Out-Channel Guard Deflector: Automotive

View attachment 160902
Before Installation

View attachment 160903
Drivers window vent installed

View attachment 160905
Installation completed. They blend right in and cover all the chrome.
Very Nice

I got the same ones and the only thing I Didn’t like was the 1/4 inch gap of chrome it doesn’t cover by the side mirrors on the driver & passenger windows.

I know its a super minor detail but I had to fix it. So I got out the plasti-dip and gave it a squirt.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Is that plasidip staying on the exhaust tips? I'm surprised it's not melting off or something? Did you use the same thing on the pipes and muffler?
After I dipped them and actually several times after that I drove it for 30-45 minutes, got out and grabbed the exhaust tip to see how hot it got.

Much to my surprise every time I was able to wrap my hand around it and it was warm but never even hot.

There’s a good gap between the pipe and tip.

The actual pipes and muffler underbelly I used a heat resistant spray paint.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes, I painted my system the same way as Normagene and it has work out great. Looks much nicer with my black paint that the chrome tips, especially since everything else was blacked out.

Automotive exterior Fender Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Tread

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.