Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All four rubber weather strips along the window molding have deteriorated. I just bought all four from the dealer at $226.00. They wanted $500.00 for parts and labor for the install. Now that I have them I'm looking for directions on how to install them myself. I've checked for STICKY thread on this repair considering huge failure rate on these (belt moldings) with no luck 2007 rav4. Any info I've found so far have been for other Toyota cars. Some say completely remove the inside of the door and side view mirror and some say they simply unsnap and snap back in from the outside. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,973 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have read that post. I'm looking for directions on how to remove and install the new ones. As stated in my prior post there seems to be conflicting posts as to remove interior door panel and mirror or just pry off old ones and snap in new ones.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,973 Posts
Thanks, I have read that post. I'm looking for directions on how to remove and install the new ones. As stated in my prior post there seems to be conflicting posts as to remove interior door panel and mirror or just pry off old ones and snap in new ones.
Looking at this picture from that thread, it would appear that you could slide a thin tool into the slot below the molding, depressing the tab on the green clip, and slide the molding up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts