Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here who is familiar with me and my album knows I'm an OC about keeping my cars immaculate, and I enjoy it, with the exception of WINDOWS!!! :wall . It's nearly impossible to keep the rear side door passenger windows clean when a frequent passenger is man's best friend - "Petey get your nose off'n those windows!!!!"

Finally found something a few years ago that makes the job much easier - Stoner's Invisible Glass. Love the way it comes off without streaking. Also like the way you use it - with a cloth or towel, no newspaper or paper towels - and as a necessity, being an avid detail fanatic, we have an unlimited supply of towels, compliments of of our neighborhood gym, heh, heh :twisted:

Anyone else use Stoner's or had any success with any other easy-to-use window cleaners??

OC

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flyman wrote:
stoner makes great products. been using the Trim Shine and the the More Shine Less Time tire spray as well
Same here, bro. When applying the tire spray, I use one of those concave foam applicators - works nice without getting the spray all over the alloy wheels. :)

OC

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
ya spray it right on the foam applicator? Does the sheen still shine on the tires if ya do this??

OCInsomniac said:
Flyman wrote:
stoner makes great products. been using the Trim Shine and the the More Shine Less Time tire spray as well
Same here, bro. When applying the tire spray, I use one of those concave foam applicators - works nice without getting the spray all over the alloy wheels. :)

OC

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, spray it on the applicator and go around the tire with it, replenishing your applicator with spray when needed. Works like a charm, you can work it so you can get the "Wet, Wet" look or the "Matte" look - without getting it all over the wheels.

OC

R

·
0 Posts
I am tempted to try as I love clean windshields.

Recently I applied RainX on my windshields and I love the way it acts when water hits. I don't like how the window gets a little hazy.

I wonder if these two could work together... clear clean windows with properties of RainX

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Roxtc wrote:
I wonder if these two could work together... clear clean windows with properties of RainX
They do! been using them both for awhile. First, clean up your windshield with Invisible Glass, then apply Rain-X, buff it in. Let it sit for awhile, then lightly clean up Rain-X residue with Invisible Glass, using the same towel or cloth to remove both products. I guarantee you your windshield motor will be getting a rest as the water beads from the rain just roll back towards your roof!!! 8)

OC

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Serious Black wrote:
OC, you need to open a detailing business Cool
Had one, SB back in the early 80's. Never had a dissatisified customer.
And that was before clearcoats came around, and it was REAL work getting off the dead paint before applying the topcoat. Used Liquid Glass/Astroshield back then, before the dawn of Zaino!! :(

OC

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Inlets wrote:
You know OC about four months before that stupid thing hit the market I was thing about inventing it. Why the hell did I wait.
Dummy, you could have invented it, and I could have promoted it, and we both could have both been retired by now!!! :doh:

OC

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can get Stoner's Invisible Glass at Pep Boys, Advance Auto Parts, Auto Zone. Not sure if Wal Mart carries it, but it's pretty easy to find.....

OC

P

·
0 Posts
I've found that using a clay bar (preferably a used/dirty claybar not suitable for paint anymore) lubricated with Meguiar's Quik Detailer works great on windows. It leaves the glass ultra smooth and wipes streak-free with very little effort.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts