Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While installing an aftermarket radio in my 2016 RAV4 LE. In the process of wiring up the backup camera to the deck and the steering wheel controls. I got locked out of my transmission and the windows will no longer go up. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on here?

·
Registered
70 Posts
While installing an aftermarket radio in my 2016 RAV4 LE. In the process of wiring up the backup camera to the deck and the steering wheel controls. I got locked out of my transmission and the windows will no longer go up. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on here?
You may have shorted some wired. I would first check the fuse box look for any blown fuses and replace them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a blown 5A fuse in the drivers side IGN 2 slot but I'm having trouble finding the fuses. Not sure it'd be wise to put a bigger fuse in it or not.

·
Registered
2011 Barcelona Red Rav4 Sport
31 Posts
Sort of off-topic, but which adapter did you use for the steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE AWD
8 Posts
Sort of off-topic, but which adapter did you use for the steering wheel controls?
Not OP, but I used Crux harness for everything.

Reverse camera, steering wheel control, stock USB port retained for carplay. Great harness.

Steering wheel control includes volume up/down and Reverse and forward track. Also input change like tuner to BT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts