Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, tried searching but couldn't find anything, was wondering if someone could tell me what this is in the pick, thinking it might be the antenna for the DAB but not sure, thanks in advance.

2016 Rav4 GXL (SE)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Welcome! Is that embedded in your windscreen? If so, it would appear to be a defect of some sort or possibly an antenna, as you suggest. Seems to be a very strange location for an antenna and at least in the U.S. to have an antenna situated in a windscreen in one's field of vision would not be allowed. Perhaps in Australia having an antenna in that locaiton would be legal.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is that rectangle literally in your glass? That is some kind of defect. I had a defect in my 2016 but it wasn't anything like that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
We don't have that in our windscreens in the US. Possibly something with Australian models, but definitely worth taking to the dealership and asking about it, or just drive through a lot and look at their windscreens. I wouldn't think it's a defect because of the shape and it looks like it'd be hard to miss during inspection, but it's certainly odd.

I tried looking at pictures of RAV4s on Australian dealer lots, but I don't see anything definitive.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
Well, it's not exactly in the field of vision--if you look closely it doesn't go down past the dotted area behind the mirror. I had a Nissan that had something like that but down below. It was the antenna for the keyless entry receiver.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all who replied, got confirmation from Toyota that it's the front antenna for the DAB, apparently they have one in the rear as well,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts