Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a rav4 recently and I noticed that the bottom corners of the windshield cover are missing some plastic. I don't know how important it is.
MVIMG_20200218_122249.jpg

I couldn't figure out if they're a seperate piece I can buy or if I'd have to get a whole new cover. If anyone can help me with the proper name so I can try to replace it.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I'd say your car had it's windshield replaced at one time and they didn't replace those pieces. I'm not sure how necessary they are to say, prevent leaks, but I'd want to replace them for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for the help. Yeah I'll probably try to find the pieces off a wrecker or someone parting out a rav.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Is

Is it a pain the put them back on?
No not really. It is just a piece of rubber with a few tabs. The tabs need to be tucked underneath and between the various parts of the fender and window trim. They always seem to pop back out. Concerning as it might pop complete out and fly off. Might want to use a small screwdriver to push in the tabs well on initial installation. Then check on it regularly at first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No not really. It is just a piece of rubber with a few tabs. The tabs need to be tucked underneath and between the various parts of the fender and window trim. They always seem to pop back out. Concerning as it might pop complete out and fly off. Might want to use a small screwdriver to push in the tabs well on initial installation. Then check on it regularly at first.
Thank you for the advice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts