Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
I had a small rock chip on the passenger side lower part of the windsheild. I thoght it was a bug. I had a local glass place fix it. They did a great job. I had just read a post on not breaking your window when I noticed the chip.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Update: Safelite came out and repaired windshield. Did not cost me a thing. Turns out my insurance company will pay for windshield repairs, just not replacements. Looks good. It's hardly noticeable anymore.

W

·
0 Posts
I'm only at 2500 mi and got the ding and crack from an unknown source. It's small-thought it was a squashed bug for a while-less than the size of a dime. It'll obviously need the spot repair. Time for a call to the nice people at Geico. Know I am paying a supplement for window coverage on first, other car which provides replacement w/o deductible. Do not know if it automatically extends to the Rav4 when it was added in April. If these windows are weak and inferior, they will be problematic for all owners for the life of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
cracks

I think the Feds will have to come out with a new rating for the RAV4. MPG may have a new meaning: Miles per glass or is it MPW for windshield! Or MPWR for miles per windshield repair?

Not pretty

P

·
0 Posts
Does the Safelite windshield have the tinting around the edges of the glass? Ya know, the polka-dots that make up the tinting on the factory windshield. I have a crack creeping across mine and will need to be replaced to pass inspection.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got 2 chips with spider cracks 2 weeks after getting my RAV in May and just got another one. I repaired the first two for around $80.00CAD and I can't see them anymore. I am getting the next one done soon. All three are low passenger side. All 3 have been highway driving at around 120kph.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Propak said:
Does the Safelite windshield have the tinting around the edges of the glass? Ya know, the polka-dots that make up the tinting on the factory windshield. I have a crack creeping across mine and will need to be replaced to pass inspection.
They do have the tinting on the border of the windshield, they even have the tinting behind the rear view mirror.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts