Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone use during the rough winter months? In the past I have stuck with Rain-X, but once in a while there will be a film that's left behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I've used the generic 'blue stuff' for years with very good results here in the NE.

Reactions: hybrav

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
Most folks here in the Deep South use plain water year round. When I was in the Frozen Nawth, I used some purple stuff from Canadian Tire that worked really well:

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
I've always used whatever all season stuff is on sale, has always worked for me, always pay less than $3 a gallon, usually closer to $2.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just the regular winter blue stuff from Walmart. Protects well through the cold winter months. Always good to make sure the fluid is run throughout the entire system to prevent any freeze ups.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! Is it best to wait until the washer fluid light comes in to add more or is it ok to mix new fluid which might be different than the old fluid?

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
I keep mine pretty full, have never seen a low fluid light. It's specially important to top it off before having service, I've had dealer monkeys top it off with plain water which decreases it's effectiveness on removing road film besides making it more susceptible to freezing.

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
I just moved to an area where it freezes......it was 14º for several nights and didn't get above freezing for three days. Being from deep south Texas I never thought about it until my windshield squirters froze up. Auto Zone had their brand on sale 2 gallons/$5.00. Good to 0ºF.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Down in jersey we recently had a snow storm with freezing temps and I noticed the dealer crap fluid literally froze in the time of need.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts