Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On page 347 of my 2006 Owner's Manual is the following sidebar NOTICE: When the front wiper arms need to be lifted away from the windshield to wash the vehicle, raise the arm on the driver side first. Conversely, when returning the wipers to their original positions, fold down the arm on the front passenger side first. Failure to perform the operations in the correct order results in damage. (My underscoring.)
The last line doesn't say may or could results. What kind of damage are they talking about?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I believe they're saying that if you were to lower the drivers side wiper first, it would hit the passenger side wiper on it's way down. That could possibly bend the wiper blade or maybe cut the rubber part of the blade if you hit it fast enough. I doubt that it's anything serious, they're just trying to cover thier bases.. Remember, McDonalds coffee is hot, so don't spill it on your lap when you're driving. And if you get a cup that doesn't say that the contents are hot, be sure to sue the company because it's obviously their fault for not warning you. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts