Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, looking for recommendations ... I have a set of Lloyd winter mats in my Pontiac, they are awesome, but I can't find find the design on their website:

http://www.lloydmats.com/

I'm looking for mats made of heavy rubberized material that are cut specifically for the RAV, not some Wal-Mart special that will look terriible. Cost isn't an issue (for the most part, LOL)

Thanks, kj

·
Registered
986 Posts
Toyota makes a set of rubber winter floor mats to match the interior of the Rav4, and while they are high quality, I don't like them because they don't have a lip around the edge to catch all the snow and salt. I've had them for a couple years and they hold up well, but as I said before I wish they had a lip around the edge.

Husky (and I believe Weathertech) makes floor liners that have a lip around the edge and are custom molded and colored to specifically fit the particular vehicle. I have a Husky cargo liner in the back of my Rav4, and my sister-in-law has a set of the front and rear Husky liners in her Trailblazer. They are high quality and have a 2-3 inch lip around the edge to catch all of the snow and salt. I am planning on getting a set of the front/rear Husky floor liners this winter for my Rav4.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies!

Weathertech's site says "WeatherTech Floor Mats offer excellent coverage with a semi-custom fit." No thanks, gotta be EXACT! :)

The Toyota mats look like the perfect fit but I'm not sure about the material.

The Husky mats look great but I am concerned about a "semi-custom" fit. Their website lists these part numbers for our application:

2001-05 Rav4 5105 5202

They only have about 20 different part numbers, how can this fit be exact?

Guess I'm leaning towards the Toyota mats at this point. I'd prefer the Husky's but not if they're going to fit poorly. Wonder if I can find them locally somewhere ... hmmmm.

Thanks, kj

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slayer, and all, thanks. I have a dealer nearby and am going to look at them probably this week. Hard to believe they will fit perfectly but I believe you ... just need to see it with my own eyes. :) They list the exact same mat for MANY different Toyota trucks, some much larger, and that makes me suspect. I'll know shortly...thanks again, all!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have the Husky floor liners (and cargo liner) in my 2000 RAV4 and the fit is exact.

When I go to the Husky Liner web site I don't see any duplication in terms of part numbers. 5105x/5202x are the part numbers for floor mats, which are not the same as the liners. Part numbers for the liners for 2004-05 RAV4 are 3595x/6595x F/R where x=1 for black, 2 for grey or 3 for tan.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see - the liners are a different product entirely:

Thanks,

-kj-

EDIT: Slayer, do you have the mats, or the liners?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ah, I see. Yeah, forgot there was a difference between mats and liners. Yeah, I have the liners like the pic so they fit perfect. Saved me the horrors of spilled drinking water in the cargo area and dirty mats in the passenger area.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have Husky liners in my 02,fit perfect, I absolutely luv em!!!!

·
Registered
875 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
I got the toyota all weather mats in my rav, got'em for my birth day from my parents last winter and i gotta say that they are preaty expensive but they are worth the money.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Outstanding! I just grabbed a pair from that eBay seller. Nice find! I was leaning in the direction of the Toyota mats, actually ... though I did want to see the Husky's in person. Zoomie saved me a few bucks!

Gotta love this forum!

:mrgreen:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Husky mats are a bit thin(but very durable 3 years so far), but if you mind you can use them for the winter only. They are the ONLY floor covering I have ever had that does not allow huge amountts of snow and salt to spill over onto carpet. Lots of mats fit well, weathertech, toyota,etc, but all protect floor under them, not around them. The part of the floor they cover will never be seen anyway , and you end up with a dirty ring around the mat, you could just use a piece of carpet and throw it out when if gets too gross.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My feelings exactly....My old car had one of those all weather mats. The carpeting underneat was nice and clean..all around it, dirt, debris, rocks, leaves, bugs, etc, etc. I much prefer the protection from the all around lip of the Huskys.

·
Registered
875 Posts
kjarrett said:
Outstanding! I just grabbed a pair from that eBay seller. Nice find! I was leaning in the direction of the Toyota mats, actually ... though I did want to see the Husky's in person. Zoomie saved me a few bucks!

Gotta love this forum!

:mrgreen:
Yup, i research like crazy sometimes even for stuff I don't end up buying. So if there's something you're looking for, I'd be glad to help. Excited that you got those mats! I've been wanting them for awhile too.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Slayer said:
My feelings exactly....My old car had one of those all weather mats. The carpeting underneat was nice and clean..all around it, dirt, debris, rocks, leaves, bugs, etc, etc. I much prefer the protection from the all around lip of the Huskys.
Agreed. Talking about how thick or thin one is vs. the other is a red herring because they're not even made out of the same kind of material. On a previous car I used to have to shampoo the carpets in the spring to get off all the salt stains from the slush that had leaked off the mat, because their capacity to hold stuff is so low in comparison to the deep-dish liners. Glad those days are over.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I just went to C-tire (in Canada) to look at some Michelin Mats on special. They are really good quality but after looking at about 30 different other kinds i found some slightly better looking cool flat black RubberMaids.
They have multiple cutting embosses for proper fit. Tomorrow I will go check them out in the car. :D

·
Registered
685 Posts
Call me "Crazy" but the woven factory mats go in for special occasions only. I have rubber mats for 3 seasons and another set of the "deep dish" ones for winter slush......they're great!!!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok guys ... the Toyota mats are here ... first impressions:

1) The fit is great, as expected.

2) The non-skid knobbies underneath have great bite. My factory rear mats were always getting scrunched under the front seats. No more.

3) They DO have a lip, but a very small one, which will be most effective for seats other than the driver. The uneven floor of the driver spot plus the low lip height means that these mats will not hold up to "wet & messy" conditions well.

4) The material is nice and thick.

We're a typical suburban family and don't get much snow, the floor liners would be overkill for us. These mats fit and seem perfect. $72 shipped from the eBay seller. Thanks again all!

-kj-

1 - 20 of 24 Posts