Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That being said,any opinions on all weather rubber floor mats?Like weather tech,they are expensive.Had them on 4 runner a few years ago,may have to bite the bullitt and buy them again.Genuine Toyota rubber mats are cheaper on Amazon.Wish I could see them in person.We usually don't get a lot of snow in Oklahoma,some years we do.78 and 79 sucked.I don't like it all.Never enough to have a snowmobile,would love to ride one someday.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
I have Weathertech floor liners, not the floor mats. The liners don't let water, snow, or snow melt get onto the underlying floor since they hold water and snow until it can be dumped or blotted out. They fit perfectly. The only problem is that they don't cover the entire foot rest on my 4.3. Other owners have bought other liners which may be somewhat better.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My Lexus RX has rubber floor mats and at first I thought, "Huh? In a Lexus." Over the six years I've owned the car, I've really come to understand the practicality of having them. When I purchased my RAV several weeks ago, I had the foul weather mats as part of the deal. Anybody want a brand new carpet kit?

Yes, Amazon and other internet vendors have a much better price than a local dealership. They are a 'no-brainer' to install. Two sets, front and rear passenger compartment and rear storage area separately.

It may not snow much in OK, but it surely rains a lot more than here. Get 'em.

Oh, quality is good. The Lexus mats have held up perfectly and the Toyota mats are of similar quality.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I have the OEMs in our 4.3 too. Toyota went overboard on floor mat paranoia and made them tiny. I would recommend a weather tech or other similar quality aftermarket option over the toyota ones.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would also recommend the Husky WeatherBeater. Had them since 2013 and they still look as good as the day i got them. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Toyota rubber mats for my 4.4. They are good quality, but the driver mat dose not offer much coverage (fine for Maryland weather). If it's in your budget I would look into getting the weather tech mats/liner or something similar.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
The Toyota rubber mats mats don't do much at all to protect the floor.
Weathertech floor liners are on order, and will probably the last I will ever need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts