Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I run Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV tires in the winter.

They are awesome.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Bridgestone Blizzak, Micheline X-Ice, General Altimax Arctic

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Michelin X-Ice, blizzak ws80, Toyo G3-Ice are all good choices

·
Registered
42 Posts
BFGoodrich Winter T/A KSI, replacing my BFGoodrich Winter Slalom KSI ruined by bad alignment.. but otherwise lasted 7 years

·
Registered
45 Posts
just got rims and a set of Michelin xice for mine. nice quiet tire. hoping they will be good when the snow arrives.

Been using the XIce's for years, love them for Driving in Northern NH ! Just put a set on my Daughters 08 Rav4 For her first winter of Clinicals...she'll be traveling in all sorts of weather in NH !

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
All good tires mentioned above.
If you are expecting to drive mostly on ice or cleared roads, the X-Ice3 would be great. Otherwise, get tires like the Blizzak or General Tire with deeper grooves for thick snow.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking for a good run flat for the winter. If u guys are from the ny city area u should know the belt parkway. I have dueler rft tires and they saved me getting rims and new tires when everyone else is pulled over with messed up rims and blown tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Looking for a good run flat for the winter. If u guys are from the ny city area u should know the belt parkway. I have dueler rft tires and they saved me getting rims and new tires when everyone else is pulled over with messed up rims and blown tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not very many options if you want to stick with run flats. Last spring these were on close out for about $100 a tire. But they are not too much more expensive than iother blizzaks in this size.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire... 4cyl&autoModClar=Base&cameFrom=WinterSection

1 - 12 of 12 Posts