Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think that moving to a 17" winter tire/rim package will look poor on a 2019 RAV 4 TRAIL (has 19" all seasons on now)?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I downsized to 16" for my 2010 rav4 with zero regrets. I don't really care about looks in the winter... my priority was plowing through deep snow, road noise reduction, and smoothing out the ride on frigid, icy days. I achieved what I was looking for, and saved some money going with a smaller wheel and tire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok so this is my first post here and the system will not let me post a link as such. So if you do a google search for Wheel Size Calculator, I come up with a link that is : wheel(dash)size(dot)com(fwd slash)calc. It is a really good resource.
Enter your existing sizes, (and this is important) wheel offset, then the new stuff, then you can see and compare what it does to your geometry. I have been watching the scrub radius and not straying to much from stock. <5mm +or - You will find differing opinions on when that gets to be too much. Subtle differences in tire size can fine tune all of this nicely

1 - 4 of 4 Posts