Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ppl

I have a 2004 Rav4 L! I was looking to get winter wipers for the car and went to auto zone and got Anco. My question is the sizes on winter wipers differnt then the ones on the car? Second question is the driver side 18" and the passager side 22" that seem a bit odd to me.

Any feed back would be great!

trdcamry

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I've got 4.1 RAV, and I've also got two different sizes on mine too. :roll: It's more common than you think... Anyway mine are 20 & 18 on mine but on a '04 RAV it should be 22 Driver side, 19 Passenger side.(vise versa in Right hand drive RAVs?)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey jayv

that's what I was thinking of too! I guess the person at auto zone didn't know what they were talking about.

Thanks for the help!

trdcamry

·
Registered
986 Posts
The 2004 Ravs take the same wipers as my 2001 Rav- 22" for driver and 19" for passenger sides.

The reason that some wiper-fit guides say to use an 18" blade for the passenger side is that many wiper manufacturers (including Anco) don't make their winter blades in a 19" size, and a 20" size is too big for that side.

So the guy was not wrong, so to speak...

It's correct, because I'm using a 22" winter blade on the driver's side and an 18" winter blade on the passenger side of my Rav right now. The difference in size does not have much of an effect on performance if you're wondering.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Winter wipers are just regular wipers with a rubber boot covering the metal arm to keep ice and snow from jamming it up.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you live in place that snow alot like MA during the winter season I would recommed you getting a pair! They worked great this past snow storm that we had up here!

trdcamry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts