Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys run for winter tires?

I got 225/65R17 Nokian Hakkapaletta R2 SUV tires for our Canadian winters and so far they have not disappointed. My only regret is not upgrading to Nokian's legendary Hakk 8 studded tire which we have on our other vehicle. I work at a tire dealer so we get them at-cost, otherwise I'd say they are prohibitively expensive. Post and share!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I run the same non-studded Nokians you do (studded tires are not allowed where I am).

No complaints. They're awesome.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I run Toyo GSi-5 on 16 inch rims, after 4 winters they are only starting to show a bit of wear, and I have no complaints about eh traction!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Blizzaks for me!
Rav AWD V6
Venza AWD V6
Awesome!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Nokian Hakka 7 SUV 215/70/16 non-studded on stock steelies. Got $100 off at Discount Tire on Black Friday. Had been 'getting by' pretty well during 3 relatively mild winters here on 225/65/17 Continental Ecoplus, but with tread on those now about half gone, it was time to go to dedicated winter wheels.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Went with the Hakka R2's as well… Love 'em so far! Our first winter storm on the way so we shall see how they do.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where do you live?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Michelin X-Ice XI2. So far so good with all the snow we've had so far.

What do you guys run for winter tires?

I got 225/65R17 Nokian Hakkapaletta R2 SUV tires for our Canadian winters and so far they have not disappointed. My only regret is not upgrading to Nokian's legendary Hakk 8 studded tire which we have on our other vehicle. I work at a tire dealer so we get them at-cost, otherwise I'd say they are prohibitively expensive. Post and share!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts