Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a '96 rav are the wiper blades different sizes?

been looking on ebay and it says 20" for drivers side and 18" for passengers side?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I put new blades on last year and yes, they're different sizes. I'm not near my RAV now or I'd measure them for you but those sizes sound right.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Re: wiper blades

freestyle said:
on a '96 RAV are the wiper blades different sizes?

been looking on ebay and it says 20" for drivers side and 18" for passengers side?
I purchased and installed new blades two days ago :lol: Yes... 20" driver and 18" passenger 8)

K

·
0 Posts
Stay away from the silicon blades. I find them not as good as the rubber ones. They do last longer, but not very effective.

Maybe others have different ideas about the silicon blades.

·
Registered
57 Posts
kidong said:
Stay away from the silicon blades. I find them not as good as the rubber ones. They do last longer, but not very effective.

Maybe others have different ideas about the silicon blades.
Which brand was it? our other Rav has the PIAA silicone blades, and they're so much better than all the rubber one I bought... now I'm replacing my race-wannabe rav with PIAA too... will have to see what's the result when it rains.

I

·
0 Posts
those new Reflex wiper blades are REALLY good, and i would recommend them to anyone.. they may be a little bit pricey at 20$ per blade but TOTALLY worth the price

I

·
0 Posts
i dunno if the Wal Mart version is as good as the Canadian Tire version, im guessing not but, they should still be great

·
Registered
881 Posts
iceache said:
i dunno if the Wal Mart version is as good as the Canadian Tire version, im guessing not but, they should still be great
Have they stood up to freezing temperatures ok for you? I haven't bought a set yet because I had heard that they crack in sub zero temperatures but that was 3rd hand information. I can tell you one thing, Canadian Tire Teflon winter wiper blades are the same as any winter wiper blades. Cheap crap that lift at 90 km/hr. Can't wait to replace them with something else.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Just replaced the rear blades on my two 2000's. They were 14 inch. Went with the cheapos from Wal-Mart (US$2.24 here). Were fairly easy to change -- there's a little tang on the bottom that you press in. But then you have to yank the blade to the left without injuring yourself! Then twist the blade assembly around to pop it off the arm's u-bend at the end. New one snaps on quickly. Both clean much better now ...

If anyone else has a problem with the rear wiper fluid leaking inside the right-rear, let me know and I will describe my own and the fix. Don't know if this was a common problem.

·
Registered
273 Posts
[/quote]

Which brand was it? our other RAV has the PIAA silicone blades, and they're so much better than all the rubber one I bought... now I'm replacing my race-wannabe RAV with PIAA too... will have to see what's the result when it rains.[/quote]

I thought the silicon blades last forever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts