Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gone through 2 sets of wiper blades since last May. First I got Bosch from Auto Zone. The first month they were good and after that they started wiggling and wobbling on the windshield for months it was getting even worse they it wasn’t clearing the windshield well. in October I got Treco blades from Advanced Auto Parts and again first month they were good and now as of yesterday the left one is wiggling and wobbling when I use them. I paid good money for these blades. Why is this happening? What’s the best recommend blades for my 2016 Rav4 and where’s the best place to get them from?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I gone through 2 sets of wiper blades since last May. First I got Bosch from Auto Zone. The first month they were good and after that they started wiggling and wobbling on the windshield for months it was getting even worse they it wasn’t clearing the windshield well. in October I got Treco blades from Advanced Auto Parts and again first month they were good and now as of yesterday the left one is wiggling and wobbling when I use them. I paid good money for these blades. Why is this happening? What’s the best recommend blades for my 2016 Rav4 and where’s the best place to get them from?
Had a similar issue with my 2016 XLE. I was advised to try silicon blades that I found on Amazon. They are more expensive but last about twice as long. Don't know if that will fix your problem but it did for me.

·
Premium Member
7,912 Posts
Do you have a link or name and where to look? Thanks!
Get mine from a Toyota dealer that sells on ebay, your local dealer may match prices, but mine won't.

85214-52110 left
85214-28090 right

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m going to clean my windshield with alcohol and try Nu Finish on it . Theres a video on youtube from Scotty Kilmer on how to do it and that when wipers don’t perform well you should polish your windshield with this stuff and has no wax in it so it’s good on glass. I saw the video and it really made a difference so I’m going to try that and see if that works and clean my wiper blades of course

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m going to clean my windshield with alcohol and try Nu Finish on it . Theres a video on youtube from Scotty Kilmer on how to do it and that when wipers don’t perform well you should polish your windshield with this stuff and has no wax in it so it’s good on glass. I saw the video and it really made a difference so I’m going to try that and see if that works and clean my wiper blades of course
Scotty Kilmer. Pretty funny guy. People should just watch him for the laughs and information.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I've been using alcohol preps to clean the wipers since way before Scotty was ever a 'Tube' sensation. I heard about doing that through the grapevine. ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Been using OEM refills for years, work real good, at $7-$8 each they're a bargain.
Same here!

Do you have a link or name and where to look? Thanks!
The dealership... They're not that expensive. If it's a unscrupulous dealership they might tell you they don't exist and try to sell you new wipers.

My local dealership charges $10 CDN each and the parts guys install them for free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve been using Peak Optix blades from Sam’s Club for a long time and they’re the only ones that tend to last without getting noisy, skipping, streaking, etc after a few weeks like others. They seem to stay nice and quiet. I usually replace after 9-12 months or so. YMMV as I see the reviews on samsclub.com aren’t great but for around $11 they’re way better than any other cheaper options I’ve found. My $0.02.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So based on the replies I guess I’m better off next time getting them from the dealer. It seems like the last 2 I got which was Bosch and then Treco really looks tight as it almost just about doesn’t fit. The Original ones had more space in between

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm still using the ones that came with my RAV4 2016
Yeah me too. But they are quickly needing replacement. Since this winter set in they are performing worse than they ever have In past winters.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The last time I bought wiper blades for the family vehicles, I was shocked at how much the auto parts stores were charging. The same blade can be had at Costco for $8.99 (compared to $22). I haven't tried the dealer yet (2 miles down the road), but I'd certainly give them a shot next time. As for Scotty Kilmer, I love the guy, especially when he starts reviewing anything german. lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts