Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I own a UK 07 registered diesel Rav4. 3 years ago the wipers started working intermittently, I replaced it with a 2nd hand part from a breakers. 8 months later it failed again, so I purchased a new one from our local main dealer. All was well until last week and it's strated to go again.

So anyone else had an issue here? I'm getting through motors faster than wiper blades, there has been a recall for 2009 onwards on a wiper motor issue but mines a 2007 car.

A precise any advice
Bry

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Welcome, Bry. This forum is primarily North America-based and diesel RAVs aren't sold here, but there are European members and others who have dieel RAVs and they might be able to help. There also is the possibility that wiper motors are the same for a given year, regardless of location or engine type.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
The wipers on the UK RAV4 sweep in the opposite direction from the ones here in N. America. Maybe there is a problem with the linkage that is straining the motor.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
There's a recall out on the mechanical linkage in the US for the Rav 4's wipers. Maybe there is related problem with yours?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts