Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2012 RAV I just replaced the wiper inserts with new ones from the dealer, passenger side works fine but the drivers side chatters on the way down and just leaves a mess. It wipes fine on the way up. I'm pretty sure I replaced the inserts correctly, been doing it for years. Any other ideas? TIA.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
On some of my cars I've had to twist the wiper arm some to get the blade to flip each way instead of fighting itself one way or the other. As I recall that included the RAV4 after the wife complained. Why it happens with new blades I don't know - well except for the one on which I forgot to remove the plastic cover from the blade edge. :oops:

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
On my 2012 RAV I just replaced the wiper inserts with new ones from the dealer, passenger side works fine but the drivers side chatters on the way down and just leaves a mess. It wipes fine on the way up. I'm pretty sure I replaced the inserts correctly, been doing it for years. Any other ideas? TIA.
Make sure you put the spring steel ribs back curved in the right direction. If they are OK, try removing the rubber blade insert and turn it 180 degrees.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts

Bob
If the old one didn't do that then I suspect the new one isn't on correctly. Do what JB suggests.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all thanks for the replies. I did what Dr. Dyno suggested and twisted the arm itself and it works like it should now. It took a couple tries to get it to the right angle, but all is good. This place is great, always learning something.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Bob

·
Registered
178 Posts
i had a similar issue recently. a wiper blade i had an off center mount to it so on the up swing it would skip and annoy the hell out of me. bought a regular center mount blade and it has worked perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts