Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Yep. I'm still wondering if packing marine grease onto the motor's nut would help.
There's a nice space in there to hold it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I logged into Toyota Owners and it said that Toyota has a recall involving "Floor Mats" for 2012 Rav4 but the link takes you to the recall for wiper motor. Go figure. Status says no remedy yet and I'll be contacted.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I logged into the Toyota owner's website with my VIN, here's the full announcement..

Title

Safety Recall F0S (F1S) - Preliminary Notice - 2009 - 2012 Model Year RAV4 - 2012 - 2014 - Model Year RAV4 EV - Wiper Motor Link Corrosion

Status

Remedy Not Available

Description

In the involved vehicles, water dripping onto the windshield wiper motor link can, over time, cause corrosion and wear at the wiper motor link joint. In some cases this could result in the separation of the wiper link from the wiper motor crank arm. If separation occurs, the windshield wipers could become inoperative, which could reduce driver visibility and increase the risk of a vehicle crash.

Remedy

Toyota is currently preparing the remedy for this condition. Once remedy preparations are complete, Toyota will send an owner notification letter by first class mail to owners of vehicles covered by this Safety Recall. Additional details on the remedy will be provided in future communications.

No letter yet in my mailbox.

Cheers,

BuffFan

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,922 Posts
I had this same thing happen on my 1981 Honda Civic and 1994 Dodge Caravan. There was no recall--I had to buy the parts and fix them myself!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just looked up my vin at the Toyota Canada website and there is a Customer Pre-Notification message about the issue saying they are preparing a remedy and that owners will be notified:

Safety Recall Campaign (SRC)
TITLE
Wiper Motor Link Corrosion (2009 - 2012 Model Year RAV4)
DESCRIPTION
Customer Pre-notification

Please review the information below and in the attached document. No other immediate action is required by you at this time.

The subject vehicles are equipped with a water channel located underneath the cowl louver at the base of the windshield and above the windshield wiper link assembly. Due to stresses applied to the water channel during the manufacturing process, a section of the water channel in some vehicles may become deformed and prevent water from draining properly. If water collects in the channel, it may drip onto the joint which connects the windshield wiper link and wiper motor. Over time, water dripping on to the joint can cause corrosion and wear at the joint. In some cases this could result in the separation of the wiper link from the wiper motor crank arm. If separation occurs, the windshield wipers could become inoperative, which could reduce driver visibility and increase the risk of a vehicle crash.

Toyota is currently preparing the remedy for this condition.

Once preparations are complete, Toyota will send an owner notification letter by first class mail to owners of vehicles covered by this Safety Recall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts