Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Rav - Wipers will not return to home position and intermittent switch setting does not work at all! Wipers will run at slow and hi speed only. Motor was swapped out with a known good unit and grounds were checked at switch and are ok.
I'm leaning toward a defective switch but at $200 I need help to confirm finding!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
Your "known good motor" is bad. The switch that returns the wipers to the home position is internal to the motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replaced the wiper switch in the steering column and all is well in RAV4 land! I was able to pick up a used part for $40 so it was worth a shot! As mentioned above the wipers were working on the high and low speeds only and would not return to the park position! After the switch was changed I did have to reposition both wiper arms. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello bojo your problem is wiper not going to the park position and you have complete the work...possible cause are related of your problem wiper motor assy wiper stalk switch wiper intermittent realy or bcm and wiring communication wiper switch to intermittent realy and realy to wiper motor some time wiper intermittent is missing in the fuse box or loose fittment and also the earth/body negative ground problem and some time motor have two speed high or low if high speed working or low not workin than you cheak input in motor coupler if low speed input ok than should be your wiper motor problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts