Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While tearing my hair out with an right side aftermarket mirror I noticed that the cars wire harness has unused pins in the plug that the remote mirror plugs into. What exactly are these extra unused pins?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,152 Posts
Heated mirrors?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Turn signals?

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Some European models have motorized folding mirrors.
Could they be using the same harness?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting wiring harnesses in this car...I bought some fog lights for the RAV and installed them in the bumper so far. Looking at the rest of the install I'm left scratching my head! After the mirror fiasco I'm thinking the car must have all the wiring for all the extras you could order when buying it new. I've been reading up on the fog light wiring here on the site. There's a STICKY on the subject but I'm having trouble following it. How to locate all the plugs is difficult. I've looked for quite a long time for loose ends under the hood for the fogs...nothing. The plug at the mirror connection is interesting enough to put a test light on the pins with the turn signal going to see if the light blinks with the turn signals. I'll do that when the Toyota mirror arrives. I decided to get a factory mirror instead of the Chinese junk. I tried to save some money with it the first time around. Don't know why I tried, I know cheep is not usually a fix. The satellite radio button on the radio that does nothing is my next issue to resolve. Does it need an additional part or a different radio...First things first, Mirror then fogs.
Thanks for the help!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts