Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just emailed Toyota about the wiring diagram needed to install my mirror at the dealership. So far, nobody seems to know how to wire this mirror. Toyota is dropping the ball by not getting this info to my dealership.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
etop - The first release of the instruction sheet for the 2006 RAV4 mirror does have some errors. Here are the changes that need to made on the instruction sheet -

(RAV4 2006 EC REARVIEW MIRROR)
Supplier Reference Number - GNTX 550-0359

Page 2 - Step 2: Removal of OE mirror is different. Do NOT pull downward as described. Use a 1" nylon prytool on the back side of mounting bracket.
Page 4 - Step 3(a) - notation only: 12-pin connector is BLACK
Page 4 - Step 3(d) - notation only: 10-pin connector is WHITE
Page 6 - Step 3(m) - Wording change - Replace "with Blue Dot (ACC)" with "ground wire".
Page 7 - Step 3(n) - Wording change - Replace"(GROUND)" with "(w/Blue Dot (Hot Wire)"
Hopefully your Toyota dealer can decipher these changes :roll:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kelly Smith said:
etop - The first release of the instruction sheet for the 2006 RAV4 mirror does have some errors. Here are the changes that need to made on the instruction sheet -

(RAV4 2006 EC REARVIEW MIRROR)
Supplier Reference Number - GNTX 550-0359

Page 2 - Step 2: Removal of OE mirror is different. Do NOT pull downward as described. Use a 1" nylon prytool on the back side of mounting bracket.
Page 4 - Step 3(a) - notation only: 12-pin connector is BLACK
Page 4 - Step 3(d) - notation only: 10-pin connector is WHITE
Page 6 - Step 3(m) - Wording change - Replace "with Blue Dot (ACC)" with "ground wire".
Page 7 - Step 3(n) - Wording change - Replace"(GROUND)" with "(w/Blue Dot (Hot Wire)"
Hopefully your Toyota dealer can decipher these changes :roll:
Thanks for this very important piece of info. Monday I will go to the dealership with the info you provided. Maybe this will speed up the installation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts