Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought Hubby a Limited Rav4 for Christmas, to be delivered to the driveway late Christmas Eve after he is asleep. I can't wait to see when he looks out the window the next morning :)

I also got an Eco Hitch, but he will need a wiring harness for his trailer.

All the wiring harnesses I have looked at on amazon.com say they do not fit the 2018 model.

Anyone know of one for sure that will fit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
That's a hell of a xmas present!!!!!!! Just let him get the damn wiring harness. Is he gonna be like, "huh.......sooooooo...a RAV4 hybrid limited with NO wiring harness? WTF honey? I'm re-gifting this!" lol

Please post his reaction, pics etc. when this goes down.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL if you can believe this, he WOULD say that! He and I live apart right now - he lives with his ailing elderly mother taking care of her and I live with my dying elderly father taking care of him. I'll stay at his place Christmas eve and hire a sitter for my dad.

We're both under a lot of stress as caretakers, but he much more so than I as his mom is a hoarder and it's a constant battle for him. Very stressful. His 16 year old Honda is on its last legs, and he bike rides every day to relieve the stress, even in the cold. So I do want his trailer hitch ready to go so he can continue bike riding.

But yeah, maybe the wiring harness isn't crucial right now, seeing as how he's going to be putting his trailer away for the winter very soon.

I even got the dealership to throw in one of those huge red bows, LOL! Hubby had better give me something under the mistletoe Christmas day... :wink

That's a hell of a xmas present!!!!!!! Just let him get the damn wiring harness. Is he gonna be like, "huh.......sooooooo...a RAV4 hybrid limited with NO wiring harness? WTF honey? I'm re-gifting this!" lol

Please post his reaction, pics etc. when this goes down.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am looking for a trailer hitch for my 2018 RAV4 limited but do not know which one is the best to get it. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
87 Posts
So I just bought Hubby a Limited Rav4 for Christmas, to be delivered to the driveway late Christmas Eve after he is asleep. I can't wait to see when he looks out the window the next morning :)

I also got an Eco Hitch, but he will need a wiring harness for his trailer.

All the wiring harnesses I have looked at on amazon.com say they do not fit the 2018 model.

Anyone know of one for sure that will fit?

Thanks!
does your husband read this forum? If so, can you tell him the color of the car now!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Kudos Peg! Hope you guys enjoy Christmas and the mistletoe. :smile

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
does your husband read this forum? If so, can you tell him the color of the car now!
LOL no he doesn't read any forums so I am safe!
I joined this forum in 2008 and the information I have gotten from reading it has saved me thousands of dollars and prevented many headaches! Plus, I've gotten to meet a lot of nice people!

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
I have a better idea.
You could prank him by asking the dealer to put the red bow on your purple RAV4 leave it in his driveway. That would make him somewhat happy.
Keep the new silver one in your driveway until he comes to visit you. Make up some bullsh!t reason for him to come. This will make him very pissed :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a better idea.
You could prank him by asking the dealer to put the red bow on your purple RAV4 leave it in his driveway. That would make him somewhat happy.
Keep the new silver one in your driveway until he comes to visit you. Make up some bullsh!t reason for him to come. This will make him very pissed :)
mwaaa haaa haaaaa......>:D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Wow studiopeg - hubby gonna be so surprised, what a most caring family...0:)
- that mistletoe, gonna be busy...LOL

The 16 y/o Honda, any chance it is a CRV?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow studiopeg - hubby gonna be so surprised, what a most caring family...0:)
- that mistletoe, gonna be busy...LOL

The 16 y/o Honda, any chance it is a CRV?
Mistletoe is going to burn up....

Yes the Honda is a 2003 CRV. Been a great car all these years but repairs are starting to trickle in and it's time for something new for him. He will keep this Rav4 another 16 years for sure!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow was it hard pulling this one off!

Had to pick the car up from the dealer, drive it home. Then get an Uber ride back to the dealer to get my car. Then later in the afternoon Christmas Eve drive the new car to the conservation area across the street from my husband's house and park it there. Another Uber ride back to my house.

Went to Christmas Eve church service with dad. Got dad to bed, then at 10:00 p.m. drove to the conservation area and sat in my car, waiting for my husband and his mother to go to bed. She knew about it and was trying to get him to go to bed early. Nope, not gonna happen.

So I'm at the pond for 2 hours, starting to scream to myself "got to bed so I can go home!! Argg!!!" Then I'm wondering, did they go to bed and just leave a light on in the living room?

So I walked across the street and just start up the driveway when the back light comes on. I freeze. Here he comes with the dog. Oh no!!! I absolutely cannot move because walking on crunchy ice in the middle of the night is VERY loud, he would hear and see me for sure. So I'm standing there like a statue, hoping a car does not come and light me up, and that the dog doesn't smell me. My husband starts walking right toward me. I don't even dare breathe. He stops at his car and lifts up the windshield wipers because we were scheduled to have a big snowstorm in a few hours. The dog won't pee. I'm standing there freezing and can't move until the dog finishes up and they go in. Finally about 10 minutes later they do.

And finally he goes to bed at midnight.

Then I have to wait another 30 minutes to make sure he's asleep. I get in the new car and drive it across the road into his driveway with the lights off. The driveway was icy and the car makes huge crunching noises driving in. I held my breath, but his lights did not turn on. Phew.

Then I had to sneak in his back door (which his mom left open for me) and put the Key fob on his chair in the living room, held by the Elf on the Shelf. LOL.

I sneak into his mom's room, tell her to lock the door, and head out.

And after all that, our dog blew it!!! She stays with him every other week, and 30 minutes after I left she was whining and crying. We didn't know it at the time, but she had smelled me in the house and wanted to find me. So she wakes him up with all the crying, and he figures she has to go out.

So 30 minutes after I left, he comes down the stairs with her and sees the Elf holding something. Says it looked like a key. Sleepy, so he ignores it. He takes her outside and sees the car in the driveway with the big red bow on it. He's like "what????"

So he was surprised, just not exactly how I wanted it to go. It's not easy giving someone a car for Christmas!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts