Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just got a boat and wanted to use my '95 RAV 4 to tow it. Problem is I can't find where Toyota hid the wiring to add the plug.

Anyone know where / how to add the plug?

Thanks,
Wingnut

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my solution

I'm not sure where the plug for a factory harnes is, probably behind one of the interior pannels under the storage bins. I can tell you what I did to install a harnes in my 97 rav4. I installed my own as well as had experience to do it because I currently work for U-Haul. None of our harneses use soldering just the blue splice connectors, I don't know how to solder anyway. I began by removing my taillights to access the wires. Using a test light I found the tail, left turn, and brake wires. I don't remember if I used a ring terminal with a ground screw or if I spliced into the vehicle ground. I'd recomend grounding with a screw. I lossened the grey plastic of the bumper to hide the converter box as well as rout the right turn wire and pigtail down. Be careful to keep the wire away from exhaust pipes. With the way I routed the wires you can only see them slightly just under the pannel covering the screws to remove the tail lights. I didn't find anywhere under the back end to tie the right turn wire to so I ran it through a couple grometts that are back their. I hope this info helps. Good luck. Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts