Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a little research on this but I'm a bit confused. I bought a rear view mirror with the ability to use a rear view camera. It has 2 rca a black red and green. Green is for reverse signal. I am pretty confident in hooking up the camera ( don't have it yet) but in the mean time I wanted to get the mirror installed. So I hooked up the ground to the lower left kick panel, power to a white wire that switches 12 volts with ignore ( not sure what it is that I hooked to) and the reverse wire to the red wire right above the hood latch . When I kick it into reverse I checked and there is not 12 volts at that red wire. I am not sure if that's the correct wire for the reverse. Can anyone help me? Pics attached

·
Registered
1 Posts
The previous example for the Reverse wire was helpful but a little unclear. The wire is in the fuse and relay panel behind the knee panel to the left of the steering column (pic 20170916_221938a). The Reverse wire is the red one in the far bottom right position of the left multi wire connector (pic 20170916_221828a).

This is on a 2012 base 4WD with the non-JBL audio head unit.

The steering wheel control adapter I purchased (Crux SWRTY-61N) has a wire for reverse in their kit, but the factory side of the connector it went to did not have a wire in that position.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts