Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of replacing rear differential axle seals on my 2008 Rav4. Unfortunately while removing differential and attempting to unplug wiring harness, I pulled the 2 wires out of the plug that connects on top of the differential, I assume this would be the wiring controlling the electromagnetic clutch. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows which color wire goes to which terminal? Or if a replacement pigtail is available?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Are the wires you pulled out black and white? If they are, the white goes into pin #1 of the connector, and the black goes into pin #2.

The connector should look like this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for to confirm I put them back properly. I ended up calling around to see if I could get a new pigtail, but best I could find was the whole harness that runs from just behind the driverside rear wheel well. Sadly, local dealer didn't have any in stock. So, after studying it, I was able to dissect the plug by pulling out the white terminal retainer, then prying down on the clips that hold terminals in place. Takes a very tiny flat screwdriver since I didn't have the proper terminal tool. Then I attached about 12" of wire to each terminal, and reassembled, then connected the wires to the loose ends under the car. I hope the extra little bit of wire length doesn't cause problems, but should make it easier to reassemble. If it works once everything is back together, I'll probably go ahead and order the replacement harness online, part# is 82164-42010 in case someone else finds this later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts