Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum,

I bought a 2 Litre petrol, 3 Door SWB Rav4 NRG VVTi today and ran into a problem right away with the electric window which jammed in the down position.
The motor turns and does try to lift the window but it seems to run squint and then jams. It might be a few days before I can get a chance to take the door card off, but does anyone know from experience what will be the cause?

Also, just wondering what the NRG VVTi signifies?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
Had the same problem on a Nissan. The rubber channel that the window rides in stuck to the glass and got dragged down. It was bunched up at the bottom. Had to remove the door panel and unbolt the glass from the regulator, then push the glass back so I could maneuver the rubber channel back into the slot. I used a little soapy water to lubricate the channel to make it easier. After bolting the glass back to the regulator, I sprayed some silicone lube into the channel of that window and also the other three.

I think the NRG means "energy" as it's the more fuel efficient model. The VVT-i means Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts