Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2022 RAV4 Trail / Adventure
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the main reasons for selecting the Woodland Edition over the XLE Premium is the TRD tuned suspension. There have been some discussions as to what this really means, everything from no different than regular models to twin tube shocks, custom springs, compressed wheel travel modifications and a few other tweaks, maybe sway bars and dampers are beefier?
Has anyone actually seen any difference between the models?
Any update on actual suspension for the Woodland?
Any similarities to the Adventure/trail model?

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My RAV4 Woodland arrived today. Just drove from the dealership to home. Suspension feels a lot like my trail/adventure. Certainly stiffer than XLE. I’ll pull it into the garage tomorrow and have a closer look. I can compare them side by side.

· Registered
2021 Rav 4 XLE gas engine
2,075 Posts
My RAV4 Woodland arrived today. Just drove from the dealership to home. Suspension feels a lot like my trail/adventure. Certainly stiffer than XLE. I’ll pull it into the garage tomorrow and have a closer look. I can compare them side by side.
If you have measuring calipers (micrometer?) please measure the sway bar diameters on the XLE and the Woodland or use a cloth tape measure to check their circumferences. The rear bar should be easy to do. Also try to measure the diameters of a coil on the springs of each RAV. Measuring is the only way to visually see if there is really a difference. A photo won't tell us much. Even if the springs are painted a different color that means nothing. You could also count the number of coils on the front and rear springs of each RAV to see if they are different. You could also try to measure the compressed length of the springs on each car to see if there is a difference.

· Registered
2022 RAV4 Trail - Luna Rock 🎃 2022
141 Posts
According to car and driver write up

Like the TRD Off-Road model, the RAV4 Woodland Edition has Falken Wildpeak all-terrain tires and a TRD suspension with different tuning for the springs, shocks, and bump stops. It also looks a bit more adventurous thanks to bronze wheels, and chunkier roof rack, mud flaps, and black badges and exhaust tips.
Inside, rubber all-weather floor mats are standard and come emblazoned with Woodland Edition decals.

There's also a 120-volt outlet in the cargo area. It's available in black, blue, and white exterior colors and comes only with the RAV4's all-wheel-drive hybrid drivetrain, a 2.5-liter inline-four combined with two electric motors that produces a total of 219 hp. That's more than the base four-cylinder's 203 hp, and in our testing the hybrid was quicker, getting to 60 mph in 7.4 seconds, 0.7 second quicker than the base engine.

It looks like a hybrid version of the TRD

I would say the main concern is even more dirt getting into the battery connector, I would be curious if they modified this for the new woodlands as it is toted as being more for off road

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
According to car and driver write up

Like the TRD Off-Road model, the RAV4 Woodland Edition has Falken Wildpeak all-terrain tires and a TRD suspension with different tuning for the springs, shocks, and bump stops. It also looks a bit more adventurous thanks to bronze wheels, and chunkier roof rack, mud flaps, and black badges and exhaust tips.
Inside, rubber all-weather floor mats are standard and come emblazoned with Woodland Edition decals.

There's also a 120-volt outlet in the cargo area. It's available in black, blue, and white exterior colors and comes only with the RAV4's all-wheel-drive hybrid drivetrain, a 2.5-liter inline-four combined with two electric motors that produces a total of 219 hp. That's more than the base four-cylinder's 203 hp, and in our testing the hybrid was quicker, getting to 60 mph in 7.4 seconds, 0.7 second quicker than the base engine.

It looks like a hybrid version of the TRD

I would say the main concern is even more dirt getting into the battery connector, I would be curious if they modified this for the new woodlands as it is toted as being more for off road
I’ll have a look underneath and see if I can a pic of the cable. I’ll also look at the struts and mounts side by side with the Trail/Adventure

· Registered
21 Posts
My local dealer is trying to sell me one. It has a $500 markup AND $290 port installed body graphic. Does anyone know what the body graphic is? This is a black woodland, so I can't imagine a black grpahic being put on, and white would be extremely ugly being that its a black and brass colored vehicle...

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My local dealer is trying to sell me one. It has a $500 markup AND $290 port installed body graphic. Does anyone know what the body graphic is? This is a black woodland, so I can't imagine a black grpahic being put on, and white would be extremely ugly being that its a black and brass colored vehicle...
That is not too bad of a mark up. XLE hybrid are on the used market for $3-5k over MSRP.
Curious to see the graphic… maybe bronze? They don’t have a pic?

· Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
2,245 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I had a Woodland on order for months that came in about 10 days ago. Only able to pick it up a week ago and the temps have been below zero the entire time. The suspension feels really good over bumps, potholes, and railroad tracks. I tried to have the dealer parts department look up the part number of the shock to see if it was the same as that used on the TRD version, but we had no luck finding it. The trim is a weird mix of other trim levels. The Canadian and American versions also have differences between each other. The tires have done well in deep snow, but not as well as true winter tires on ice. Drove nice on the highway.

· Registered
2 Posts
The US version of the RAV4 Hybrid Woodland Edition is a huge disappointment (compared to the Canadian version). 1) No heated seats option, 2) no heated steering wheel option, 3) no leather wrapped steering wheel option, 4) no moon roof option, 5) no power lift gate option, 6) only black cloth seats option - no soft-Tex seat option. Additionally, for being a “soft-roader”, 7) no front view camera option, 8) no skid plates, 9) same 8.1” ground clearance as the regular model, 10) Falken Wildpeak A/T tires are OEM versions that are not 3 peak snow rated. Most of the “upgrades” are just accessories and cosmetic embellishments (floor mats, black badging, bronze wheels, etc.) The main highlight is the TRD tuned suspension, but it’s unclear what exactly that includes. Is it really worth the 5-8 mpg hit compared to the regular hybrid?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts