Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I want to thank everyone for the great information you all post on this site! I've learned more here than anywhere else on the internet about the 2006 RAV4!

9 YEARS and 122,000 MILES later, I'm finally retiring my 1997 Saturn SC2 and welcoming the 2006 RAV4 to our home! It's on order and I'm as excited as can be! I knew I wanted an SUV, and when Toyota announced the new and improved RAV4 last year, I had a feeling this was going to be it! I test drove the I4 intially and then made a second trip to the dealer to test drive the V6. Wow, what power! That pretty much convinced me! I didn't even go look at the CR-V and Ford Escape that I was considering!

I went through the Costco route first to see what our nearest dealer was offering and they were giving $500 off MSRP for Costco members. After reading that many dealers nationwide were only selling at MSRP or even more, I thought it was better than nothing, but I did more reading and research and found that it's possible to get a better deal. Well, here's what happened.

The salesmen that we worked with were very nice and really took the time to show us all the features on the vehicle (there were 2 of them who worked with us - the main salesman we'll call Mr. S and the the other Mr. M.) After I test drove the V6, we sat down with both salesmen. I asked Mr. S again about the Costco discount and any other incentives or internet discounts they were offering. Basically, I was told $500 off was it. I explained that I've looked at the internet and that carsdirect.com was offering better deals than that. I would buy it there if they offered the V6. I also added that I'd rather do business with them (the dealership) because they've been so great, but if $500 off MSRP was all they can offer me, I'll have to wait. (That was the truth by the way! I didn't go there expecting to buy the car right away. I was prepared to walk if they didn't offer me a good deal. I've been waiting for 9 years for goodness sake and my Saturn is still running pretty well considering how old it is! I can wait a few more months as long as I get the car I want for a good price.) My hubby didn't say a word. He pretty much told me from the start that the final decision was up to me since it was my car, and he knew that I was willing to walk if I wasn't happy with the deal.

Mr. S thought about it for a moment and said he'd be right back. We rapped with Mr. M for about 5 minutes and then...Mr. S came back and said "Okay, we have a special for you. $500 over invoice." I was like, "What?" :shock: I thought I was losing my hearing. I had to verify and sure enough, it was $500 OVER INVOICE INCLUDING OPTIONS! Well, that pretty much sealed the deal. We went over all the options, made a list of what I wanted, and paid the refundable deposit.

Now, the hard part...WAITING for it to get here! I ordered it on March 1 and they told me 6-8 weeks. Mr. S. sent me a reference number for my order the following day and then got a letter from him a few days ago thanking us for our order. So far, it has been a great car buying experience. Hopefully, the rest of the way goes as smoothly!

OK, here's what I got:

LIMITED V6 4X4
Special paint (Blizzard Pearl Ext./Ash Int.)
Side/Curtain Air Bags
Moonroof
Autodim mirror
5pc. Floormats
Daytime running lights
Rear bumper applique
Security System
Mudguards
Destination fee

INVOICE: $26,332
MSRP: $29,342

MY PRICE: $26,832 ($500 over invoice)

Thanks again to everyone for sharing all their info and experiences on this site! You've all been a great help!!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Congrats, ravgal, at $500 over invoice, you got a nice deal. That's the reward you get for doing your research and being patient. It's nice to see that the dealers are starting to loosen up a little by negotiating over invoice instead of minus MSRP.

Hope this Spring doesn't pass too slowly for you!!

OC

:wink:

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Grats ravgal! I'm sure you'll love your RAV -- just sorry that you have to wait so long to get your new wheels. But you knew what you wanted and got an excellent price to boot. 8)

Looking forward to seeing more from you and your RAV soon! :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! The RAV is all I've been talking about lately - I think my husband is more anxious about it getting here so I can finally shut up about it! LOL!

My co-workers have also been asking a lot of questions because a couple of them are thinking about getting one. Of course, I don't mind sharing all the info! If all goes well, I'm going to refer them to Mr. S and hopefully, they'll get the same deal I got. I even get $100 for each referral.

Anyway, I'll definitely post pictures once I get it! The next 5-7 weeks can't come soon enough!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks flyingn! I first saw the Blizzard Pearl RAV on the lot when I went to test drive the I4. Unfortunately, it had just arrived for someone who ordered it. I was set on Black or Silver but when I saw the Blizzard Pearl, I just loved it! I got an email from my salesman, Mr. S, tonight and he said he'll let me know as soon as he has a date on the arrival of my car. Can't wait!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts