Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am a new 2016 Hybrid Limited owner. I have tried installing Techstream software but got malware instead. Being an ex Touareg owner, I remembered that they had a database of people who had a working version of software and would help others in their respective areas out. I am wondering if there would be any interest here in the Rav4 Forum to do the same thing. BTW I am in the south burbs of Chicago and would like to adjust the number of turn signal blinks. I would be interested in any thoughts members have on the matter.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
The Techstream software and cable I bought on Amazon works fine, I too got a Trojan alert when I installed the MVCI driver, but I just disabled the AV and installed it any way, it's on a dedicated cheap XP laptop that I only use for Techstream, so no problem, many here think the detection is a false positive.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Yep, the driver does produce a false positive--I had to exclude it in Malwarebytes.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Everything that the dealer can do as listed in the owner's manual customization list for US models and a lot more that can be accessed like tire pressure and the TPMS system on US models, not sure of the rest of the world.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Techstream interfaces thru the OBDII port, I don't think OBDII adapters like Carista can access the system like Techstream can tho, Carista does have access to many customization options tho, there's a list of the options posted here, do a search for Carista.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I have the same adapter for use with the Torque app just for use as a tachometer, I have a Scangage2 for reading/clearing codes.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Is there a way to view current tire pressures for each individual tire using obd2?
Yes, with Techstream, not only tire pressures, but tire temperatures, plus TPMS sensor serial ID numbers and battery status:

·
Registered
420 Posts
does Scanguage2 read individual tire pressures?

Scangauge uses OBD2 which is a much more limited set of parameters to ask for, car manufacturers have proprietary canbus messages for more advanced parameters. So no likely.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts